Problems with registration email.

12 years 8 months ago #172318 by donnysobonny
Problems with registration email. was created by donnysobonny
Hey guys,

I'm having problems getting the registration email to be sent to users upon registration.

I have tried a number of different things but cannot seem to get it to work. Neither the activation email or registration email are sent upon registration.

I am using joomla 1.5 with the basic CB package and modules. In the component>community builder>configure>registration I have set email templates to send to validate their email address, and then the latter email for when they have validated it and successfully registered to the website. I have also disabled registering on joomla's own backend so that registering is done through CB.

The mass mail funcion seems to work, so joomla is definetly connected to my email host.

I will happily share admin login details if you want to look at the joomla back end.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Donald

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172384 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problems with registration email.
You mention mass mailer working, was this CBs found in User Management or Joomlas? What CB version are you using? What EXACT Joomla version are you using? Please ensure the emails configured within CB > Configuration > Registration have a subject and body configured appropriately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172391 by donnysobonny
Replied by donnysobonny on topic Re: Problems with registration email.
CB version : 1.7
Joomla version: 1.5.23

I apologise, I am quite new to all of this. By 'please ensure subject and body are configured appropriately' i'm not entirely sure what you mean.

I have copied and pasted the verification email and registration email, along with the subjects below:

Verification email

Subject: Your Registration is Pending Approval at BBMM

Body: Greetings [USERNAME],
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have
received your request and we will process it as soon as you
confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink:
[CONFIRM]
Once your email address is confirmed our moderators will be
notified to continue the activation process.
You will be notified by email of the progress of your registration process.
[DETAILS]
Kind Regards,
Website Administration Team

Registration Email

Subject: Welcome, New Recruit, to Blitzcrank Broke My Mum

Body: Note: This is an automated message, please do not attempt to reply to this message.

Your account with the following details:
[DETAILS]
has been activated.

Welcome [NAME],
You have now entered the recruitment process to become a member of Blitzcrank Broke My Mum. If you would like to continue this process, please continue reading this email.

We would like to take this opportunity to get to know you a bit better. To do this, please click the 'Join Us' button the website and fill in the short application form. This form will be reviewed by our ranking members.

Note: you cannot become a member without completeing the application form.

The next step is to organise some 'Trial Games'. These games will consist of you being paired up with an officer of the clan and playing a number of normal games. This will allow the officer to analyse your skill level and help us to consider you in your application.

Please be aware that it does not matter whether these trial games are won or lost, or even whether you play amazingly well or dreadfully bad. What matters to us is how you communicate with your team, and what potential we see in you.

To organise your 'Trial Games', either log into teamspeak and organise your games with an officer, or feel free to add the officers to your friend's list in game and organise your games that way.

Once you and the officer(s) feel that you have played enough trial games, you will be notified of the verdict via email.

Good luck Summoner!

Regarding the first question you asked, whether mass mailer was CBs or joomlas, originally I was using joomlas simply to test my connection to the host. I have just tried using CBs mass mailer to two email addresses and on the final screen, it says 'error sending email!'. I must have cb configured incorrectly somehow...

I would be willing to share the admin login details if you wish?

Thanks alot for your help,
Donald

12 years 8 months ago #172407 by krileon

Regarding the first question you asked, whether mass mailer was CBs or joomlas, originally I was using joomlas simply to test my connection to the host. I have just tried using CBs mass mailer to two email addresses and on the final screen, it says 'error sending email!'. I must have cb configured incorrectly somehow...

This would mean the email configuration settings within Joomla aren't functioning for CB. This typically only happens regarding SMTP. When you specify the host you must also append the port. Example as follows.

smtp.example.com:80

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172453 by donnysobonny
Replied by donnysobonny on topic Re: Problems with registration email.
This is aomething I had in place already. Let me copy my mail settings from joomla

Mail settings:

Mailer: Php mail function
Mail from: admin@bbmmclan.co.uk
From Name: Blitzcrank Broke My Mum
Sendmail Path: /usr/local/bin/sendmail/
SMTP Authentication: No
SMTP Security: none
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Username:
SMTP Password:
SMTP Host: mail.bbmmclan.co.uk:25

Do I maybe need to create an smtp account?

Thanks again,
Donald

12 years 8 months ago #172466 by krileon
Joomla will try different methods if the first method fails. PHPMailer is not functional on your install and Joomla is falling back to SMTP or Sendmail. Please test with SMTP or Sendmail selected for the "Mailer".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn