[#2715] How do I restore Country & State Fields?

12 years 8 months ago #173209 by nant

LindaGLS wrote: I deleted the user fields for Country and State in CB that came with the initial install, not realizing they would be required to charge tax in CBSubs. Can you tell me how I can restore these?

Why on earth would you tamper with these tables?

Try installing CB 1.4 or 1.7 over existing installation and please in the future do not do anything you are not 100% certain of and make sure you take backup also first!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173230 by LindaGLS
As it turns out, I didn't. Because I couldn't see the country and state fields used for invoicing address in user field management I thought I had deleted them, but it turns out they were never there so I didn't delete them. So my problem is, if United States is set as the default country under the tax tab, then the state drop down doesn't automatically populate. Once I removed the default field in tax tab forcing the user to select a country, then the state drop down populates.

How can I make United States the default country and still have states populate?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173252 by krileon
Where are you setting the default at? It also should not be "United States" as the invoice uses 2 letter so it should be "US". I believe you need to change the default for the input within the invoice XML file as seen below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

I can't guarantee this will work however. It maybe best to set the default for country AND default for state (to the first US state in the drop-down) to ensure display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173262 by LindaGLS
I had set the default in CBSubs -> Settings -> Tax -> Dafault Customer Country set at United States (once this was disabled invoice address State populated again).

I also have System Seller Country set as United States for Country and State as Georgia on the same screen.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173280 by krileon
Ah, I see you're setting Tax defaults. I've created a bug ticket regarding this issue for further review. Appears setting the default results in the jQuery not executing resulting in the State drop-down not populating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173295 by LindaGLS
Hooray! I'm not crazy after all!

Is there a way to do this without using tax defaults? I thought everyone had to use them if they were charging tax...

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn