customize user template

12 years 8 months ago #172916 by joebso
customize user template was created by joebso
Im sure this question has been asked a thousand times but is there a walk through on customizing the user template (i.e. default,luna....)

editing the css is not a proble it's just where to change the layout and add html that I'm having a problem with : )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: customize user template
Depends entirely on what you want to customize. Would need more details to better advise you. The "Default" CB template comes with a PHP file where you can design the layout of various pages to an extent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172939 by joebso
Replied by joebso on topic Re: customize user template
Well I'm really just interested in inserting a module into the profile layout

12 years 8 months ago #172941 by joebso
but would really like to know all I can about customizing the users profile. is there any documentation :)

12 years 8 months ago #173016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: customize user template
The documentation provided within the advanced downloads section (you've access as a professional subscriber). However, inserting new display into profile view is entirely possible. Please see the below file as it is what you'll need to edit.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173151 by joebso
I am just not getting anywhere on this. I basically need to have 6 different types of profiles and be able to apply which ever type of profile I as the admin want to the users. let's say a hospital would have one type of profile with specific information and a hotel user would have a different one. I can't imagine that this is all that difficult but I can't find the answer for the life of me. I have tried duplicating the default layout in the hopes that I could just plug different modules into each of them (probably like you are saying above in the default.php). but where would I put just straight html or call a module in there : ( any help would be greatly appreciated seeing how I think I'm starting to be viewed as a road block around here :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn