customize user template

12 years 8 months ago #173155 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: customize user template
That's the file you'll need to edit, there is no other file. Any other changes would be core edits which I can't advise on. Review Joomla templates on how to load a module position; no idea if this will work in CB templates though.

There are several ways you can achieve multiple profiles. For example you could use a single-drop down field where different types are selectable. You'd then use incubator project CB Conditional to show/hide fields/tabs based off that fields value. Another option is to create multiple CB templates then use incubator project CB Template Changer to change to those templates (set to read only so user can't change it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173311 by joebso
Replied by joebso on topic Re: customize user template
Unfortunatly giving up is not an option in my position : ).

I think I can solve this problem by adding html to a user profile template (i.e. luna)

but when I add any code I don't see anything. I hope the questions I'm going to ask are simple answers to somebody out there.

1 - what file in the luna template would I add the html to?

2 - to i need to have an active tab on a profile in order to see the user profiles (i.e. luna) and the html I have added.

3 - any other help youo can think of : )

12 years 8 months ago #173317 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: customize user template

Unfortunatly giving up is not an option in my position : ).

No one said anything about giving up ;) please see my previous reply for several solutions.

1 - what file in the luna template would I add the html to?

It doesn't have one, it uses the Default templates PHP file.

2 - to i need to have an active tab on a profile in order to see the user profiles (i.e. luna) and the html I have added.

Don't understand the question.

3 - any other help youo can think of : )

See previous reply for several no-coding solutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn