[#2758] CB Subs offline payment processing workflow

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #175536 by boyjahq
We receive many offline payments, often having to process 15 or 20 such payments at a time. But the CB Subs offline payment processing workflow seems very awkward. Perhaps we are doing something wrong?

In the backend we click on the Basket icon, then filter for Pending payments. Then we check 1 box (because we get an error if we choose more than 1 item to process) and click the Pay icon, which takes us to a page where we can record details of that payment. Then we click the Pay icon on that page which finishes the transaction.

The problem is that we are then dumped back into the CB Subs control panel. To process remaining payments we must click the Basket icon again, filter for pending payments and go through the whole process again just to clear 1 more payment. It takes too long and seems like the logic of this offline payment processing is not right.

Is there a different, better way to process offline payments that we are not seeing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #175600 by krileon

In the backend we click on the Basket icon, then filter for Pending payments. Then we check 1 box (because we get an error if we choose more than 1 item to process) and click the Pay icon, which takes us to a page where we can record details of that payment. Then we click the Pay icon on that page which finishes the transaction.

This is the correct process. You can't pay multiple records at the same time as you need to input payment details.

The problem is that we are then dumped back into the CB Subs control panel. To process remaining payments we must click the Basket icon again, filter for pending payments and go through the whole process again just to clear 1 more payment. It takes too long and seems like the logic of this offline payment processing is not right.

Seams the POST is not sending you to the right place or maybe is a redirect after POST. I've made a bug ticket as follows for further investigation.

Is there a different, better way to process offline payments that we are not seeing?

Unfortunately, no not that I am aware of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195544 by petekuhn
Hi,

We have the same problem at our club, but we have at least part of a solution.

We have a form that we used to process offline payments when we were using Virtuemart.

The form allows us to manually set the expiration date.

We hired a contractor who revised the form so that it now calls up a pending CBSubs subscription basket.

Please email me off line and I'll be happy to share what we've got. I need help on making the rest of it work. Our main problem is transitional, we have members who were signed up on the old system, and often don't bother to create a CBSubs subscription basket.

www.cal-sailing.org

12 years 1 month ago #195564 by krileon
I do not recommend using such an approach. If you directly edit CBSubs via queries it will not fire triggers. For example if you expire a subscription through a database query then all the expiration triggers (maybe you're utilizing CBSubs SQL Actions, etc..) will not fire. I suppose if all you're doing is changing the dates, but not the Status of the subscription it should be ok however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195588 by boyjahq
Are we any closer to having the offline payment workflow bug resolved? Also, the ability to set custom durations for subscriptions rather than having to only choose from specific durations given in a drop down menu? Because the CBSubs files are encrypted we cannot address these things ourselves so it is very frustrating.

12 years 1 month ago #195601 by krileon

Are we any closer to having the offline payment workflow bug resolved?

#2758 is fixed for CBSubs 1.3.0

Also, the ability to set custom durations for subscriptions rather than having to only choose from specific durations given in a drop down menu?

#1180 is marked for CBSubs 1.3.0, but has had no progress so can't state whether this will make it in next release or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn