[#2758] CB Subs offline payment processing workflow

12 years 1 month ago #195701 by petekuhn
We've got this problem in massive quantities, since we used to use VM and CB for our membership database.

Our previous members had an expiration date that was automatically assigned to them if they paid dues online with a credit card, or manually assigned with the form if they paid at our clubhouse.

We have about 400 members with active memberships, another 1000 or so who expired recently and may rejoin this summer, and another 2600 who expired more than two years ago, or never paid for a membership.

Worse, the previous system went haywire and didn't record (due to notify.php mismatching, no doubt) the payments received from about a third of the active/recently expired members.

I've got to mass import the active and recently expired members, and (worse) prune the members who are long gone or never paid dues.

Now our new members and our renewing members are supposed to pick a plan and either pay it with a credit card (Paypal standard, it sucks)or pay it with cash, check, or volunteer hours at our credit card.

The form we have now locates the pending payment basket and allows the payment recipient at our clubhouse desk to manually assign an expiration that goes to CB's expiry field.

That's great, the new or renewing member has a receipt and can use their membership number to sign up for classes, etc.

But then someone else, prolly me, has to go into the website's back end and set the CBSubs basket record to paid.

Ideally, the form would do the setting automatically. Maybe there's some way to assign members who choose to pay off-line to a CB user class called pending membership dues, and have the form automatically revert them to the regular CB user class, with their dues marked as paid?

The only tool I can see in CB Subs is for import, and it says it's not for mass import. But importing a csv file that reads [cb_id,##,A,[date], where ## is the plan ID will create an active subscription for that member in that plan. "Existing subscriptions will not be changed by this function, except if they are exclusive and would be upgraded by the new imported subscription."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195724 by krileon
What problem are you referring to exactly? This thread already has 2 issues posted. If this is a new issue then please create a new thread detailing your issue exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195775 by petekuhn
Sorry, I did add a second topic, that of importing membership data from a previous system.

So the problem that's relevant to this topic is not having a way for a non-admin person to log an offline payment and cause the basket to change from pending to paid.

I'd like to put in some of my club's money for this, we really need a reliable solution.

We have people who work the counter who can log into the front end of our website and work a simple form.

We get hundreds of people each year who need to pay a membership by cash check or volunteer hours.

12 years 1 month ago #195817 by krileon
This is a known problem (that we also experience here at JP). Currently it's possible to set the Subscription tab on frontend to also be accessible to administrators however it's for viewing purposes only and does not function. Ideally we'd like to make this tab functional, which would allow you to go through the purchase process on behalf of the user (establish a basket for example or initiate an offline purchase). This feature is currently scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.0, but has yet to be implemented in current released RC. It's unsure if target version will change or not; sorry, is all the details I have for now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn