[SOLVED] different plans create different usertypes

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177487 by natbarre
probably a basic question, but i am having considerable trouble with this.

I have 3 usertypes:
guest(no subscription necessary),
manager(subscription necessary),
employee(separate, unrelated subscription necessary).
Manager and employee will have access to different modules, but never the same ones.
When I set the default new usertype in joomla to any of these three usertypes, and then use the subscription plan settings in cbsubs override it, nothing happens. Things work differently if I make my plans children of the default, (they become members of both usertypes).
How do I make certain that when users sign up, they are assigned to only manager or only employee?

I'm on joomla 1.7, cb1.7 and cbsubs 1.2.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177608 by natbarre
Replied by natbarre on topic Re: different plans create different usertypes
oh crapola, I accidentally deleted my usergroups, and now i get the error 500 every time i try to log in everything except for the SUPERUSER. Any tips on getting things sorted out?

12 years 7 months ago #177671 by krileon
Once they're deleted they are gone for good unless you kept backups. Their unique ID can't be duplicate as database autoincrement will give new usergroups a new ID. Did you delete Joomlas defaults or just your custom usergroups? If just your custom usergroups you'd need to recreate them then navigate to database and change their IDs to match your previous. If default Joomla then please review the below thread for database query to restore them.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/173574-2752-no-articles-showing-for-public-users#174478

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: natbarre

12 years 7 months ago #177710 by natbarre
thanks! i think it worked! Luckily I'm still in the testing stage and they weren't real users!

12 years 6 months ago #180629 by natbarre
update: it worked for joomla, but it didn't work for my site. My silliness broke an essential extension that I use called LFRM logos, and I had to do a complete reinstall! DO NOT DELETE YOUR USERGROUPS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn