[#2752] No Articles Showing for public users

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173574 by poemsbypeople.com
[#2752] No Articles Showing for public users was created by poemsbypeople.com
Hi,

I recently enabled CB profiles to be visible for public users... but no articles are displaying the Articles tab for public users.

I'm using CB 1.7 on Joomla 1.7.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users
Unfortunately could not confirm your issue. Please see the below image representing it's functional.

Please ensure your Joomla content categories and articles themselves have appropriate access (set to "Public" for testing).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

12 years 8 months ago #173666 by poemsbypeople.com
Replied by poemsbypeople.com on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users
Everything is set to public, and always has been. The article list has been working for registered users since the website began, but I only decided to open up profiles to public users yesterday, when I discovered this issue...

12 years 8 months ago #173704 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials. Please also provide a URL in the PM to a users profile that is NOT showing articles publicly. In the above test I was not logged in while viewing a users profile and articles displayed fine; issue appears specific to your install (likely configuration based).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174478 by krileon
Have reviewed your instllation and they are not displaying to public users because you destroyed Joomlas usergroups designed. This will cause massive adverse affects throughout CB, Joomla, and other extensions.

Not Valid
Public
|— Registered
|—|— Moderator
|—|—|— System Admins

There was absolutely no reason to perform the above and could've been left exactly the way it came. Deleting the other CORE usergroups is where the problem begins. The system is having too difficult of a time determining who is a public user and who isn't. I've no idea how to restore this except the direct query below.
TRUNCATE `jos_usergroups`;
INSERT INTO `jos_usergroups` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `title`) VALUES
(1, 0, 1, 20, 'Public'),
(2, 1, 6, 17, 'Registered'),
(3, 2, 7, 14, 'Author'),
(4, 3, 8, 11, 'Editor'),
(5, 4, 9, 10, 'Publisher'),
(6, 1, 2, 5, 'Manager'),
(7, 6, 3, 4, 'Administrator'),
(8, 1, 18, 19, 'Super Users'),
(10, 3, 12, 13, 'Shop Suppliers (Example)'),
(12, 2, 15, 16, 'Customer Group (Example)');

With the above it will first purge the usergroups table and restore it to J1.7 fresh install defaults. You may need to change the jos_ prefix if this is not your DB table prefix. The 2 example groups Joomla provides are safe to delete. The defaults however are not (don't understand why Joomla lets you delete them to begin with). This will result in the below.

Valid
Public
|— Manager
|—|— Administrator
|— Registered
|—|— Author
|—|—|— Editor
|—|—|—|— Publisher
|—|—|— Shop Suppliers (Example)
|—|— Customer Group (Example)
|— Super Users

It's very important for the defaults to keep their respective IDs as CB uses them to map users appropriately. By deleting, re-creating, etc.. through the GUI they are given a new ID which will no longer allow CB to properly match against and will fall back to very basic parent>child relationship permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174560 by poemsbypeople.com
Replied by poemsbypeople.com on topic Re: No Articles Showing for public users
Hi, and thanks for your help :) I've restored the usergroups as you suggested above. However, the same problem is still appearing. Do I also need to restore the access levels?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn