[SOLVED] User Registration / Login

12 years 7 months ago #177728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Registration / Login

Would it be best for based on the above, to link any or all of the CB tables with views like the user tables of Joomla.

No idea, how are you linking all 5 sites? Am assuming you just configured in configuration.php for all 5 to point to the same database. In that case everything would always be shared. Otherwise if you're using some sort of extension to do this then yes you'll also want to link the _comprofiler table at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177742 by thomas777
Replied by thomas777 on topic Re: User Registration / Login
Each site has its own php install, each with its own configuration.php file.

I have 1 data base, when installing joomla each time I used a unique database prefix for each site.

I then ran the scripts necessary to create the views for the 5 tables that relate to users shown below.

Finally I copied to each configuration.php file the secret code so they all match the primary site's secret code.

Then it all works.

So no, the websites are not using all the same tables. It does not make all the sites use all the tables in the database as I said each site has its own table prefixes, only the ones I mentioned above the 5 user tables share the same table data. Which is what the view handles.

This is quite important for me and I need to make sure I do it correctly.

You mention in the above reply to link the _comprofiler table at least. Is that table enough? - should I link others?

Below are the scripts that I ran to get the community site tables to use the primary site's user tables.

DROP TABLE `community_users`
CREATE VIEW community_users AS SELECT * FROM Prime1_users

DROP TABLE `community_session`
CREATE VIEW community_session AS SELECT * FROM Prime1_session

DROP TABLE `community_usergroups`
CREATE VIEW community_usergroups AS SELECT * FROM Prime1_usergroups

DROP TABLE `community_user_profiles`
CREATE VIEW community_user_profiles AS SELECT * FROM Prime1_user_profiles

DROP TABLE `community_user_usergroup_map`
CREATE VIEW community_user_usergroup_map AS SELECT * FROM Prime1_user_usergroup_map

12 years 7 months ago #177810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Registration / Login

You mention in the above reply to link the _comprofiler table at least. Is that table enough? - should I link others?

You should probably link all of the _comprofiler tables, but that's entirely up to you. CB doesn't support multi-site nor have I ever tried it so I've no idea what adverse affects may or may not happen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas777

12 years 5 months ago #182367 by vipzeus
Replied by vipzeus on topic Re: User Registration / Login
I had the same request for 2 or more sites but the view function is very stressed and unstable for the databases especialy when there are joins.

The best way to use the same registration for all sites is to disable registration of the slave sites and link all relative links as "lost password" , "account manager", "registration" at the main site.
Main site che use CB queries plug-in to create the accounts in all sites.

Let me know if this solution work for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn