GJ feature clarifications

12 years 5 months ago #181226 by w2learn
Replied by w2learn on topic Re: GJ feature clarifications

krileon wrote: There's no create link because you disabled the Panes, which is where the menu is at.

Ah. I see it now. Thx for taking a look.

I've re-enabled the Panes and tested that the link is present and working (you've renamed it to "New Project"). If you disable the panes you need to render them with the GJ module in a module position so there is access to the menu.

I dont want to enable Panes (they seem to takeup too much space). Please explain or point to documentation on the GJ module and module positions.

I think its more natural to have actions like "create sub-category" or "create project" simply listed under Category Menu column. Or, at the bottom and/or top of the table of Categories. Can I do that with the module positions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181232 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ feature clarifications

I dont want to enable Panes (they seem to takeup too much space). Please explain or point to documentation on the GJ module and module positions.

Simply install the GJ module included with the GJ package then set its mode to "Panes (API)". Then on any GJ page it will dynamically change its display based off location (it just displays the panes in a module). Without the Panes you have no links, you're welcome to edit the templates however and make changes however you please.

I think its more natural to have actions like "create sub-category" or "create project" simply listed under Category Menu column. Or, at the bottom and/or top of the table of Categories. Can I do that with the module positions?

GJ is too complex for a general "create xyz" link. It's possible I may implement such a feature in a future release, but for now it's not possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn