[SOLVED] User Lists - Removing the list selection box

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179824 by raniko
Hi. I was wondering if its possible to not show a dropdown of the users available lists when he/she is directed to a user list via a menu item.

As an example, I have 2 menu items, each linking to a different user list. One list is to be accessed by "advanced" users, the other is to be accessed for "professional " users. The menu items will appear to both advanced and professional members, but if an advanced member clicks on the menu link to view a list of professional members, they are directed to an upgrade screen where a professional plan is proposed (using content integrations). The problem is that when they click on a link to go to the advanced member list (and they are correctly allowed through) a dropdown list appears so that a user can now toggle between the advanced and professional member lists thereby by-passing the block that I have on the menu item. Please let me know if there is way to not show this dropdown list. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179832 by krileon
Please see the below thread where I've explained how to remove the drop-down select found on userlists.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/170122-lists-in-separate-menus#170862

As far as I am aware there's no way to make it conditional based off a menu link unless you checked if Itemid was present in the URL and the above change will remove the drop-down select entirely from all lists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #179843 by raniko
Okay. Thanks. Ill make those changes.

12 years 6 months ago #179948 by raniko
I deleted the appropriate code, which is what I wanted. However, the search component now defaults to the member list (all members) instead of the list originally called though... I know that the code that additional line of code below

<input type="hidden" id="listid" id="listid" value="<?php echo $this->listid; ?>" />

is supposed to fix this issue, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

I cleared my cache and retried so, that's not the issue...

Thanks.

12 years 6 months ago #179953 by krileon
Please re-read the thread and ensure you placed the hidden input appropriately as it's responsible for posting the listid with the search preventing it from sending to the default list. It should be placed directly above the submit button (as HTML and not inside a PHP tag).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #179965 by raniko
Re-checked this, and to the best of my knowledge I'm inserting the code correctly. Below is the code as copies from my default.php file

<div class="cb_form_buttons_line">
<input type="hidden" id="listid" id="listid" value="<?php echo $this->listid; ?>" />
<input type="submit" class="button" id="cbsearchlist" value="<?php echo _UE_FIND_USERS; ?>" />
</div>

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn