Lists in separate menus

12 years 9 months ago #170122 by paula.gomez
Lists in separate menus was created by paula.gomez
Hello,

How can I make two different lists that appear separatly in two different menues?

Thank you,
Paula.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170133 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Lists in separate menus
Simply create 2 userlists in userlist management then create 2 Joomla menu links placing them wherever you please.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170769 by paula.gomez
Replied by paula.gomez on topic Re: Lists in separate menus
I did that and put the id's of each list in a different meny, but both lists appear in both menus, just in different order. I would like for a single list to appear in a single menu. Is it possible?
Thanks.

12 years 9 months ago #170781 by krileon
I don't understand, could you please provide an image specifically of what you're referring to. Userlists have a drop-down in the top right that allow easy navigation to any userlist, this can be removed from within your default CB template PHP file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170800 by paula.gomez
Replied by paula.gomez on topic Re: Lists in separate menus
It is exactly what you are saying: a drop-down in the top right that allows navigation between lists.
The problem is that some users have acess to one list and other users have acess to another list. This acess is controled through the menu acess. So I don't want to have the drop-down. I only want to have one option of list per menu.

How do I remove the drop-down from the default CV template PHP file?

Thanks,
Paula.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #170862 by krileon

It is exactly what you are saying: a drop-down in the top right that allows navigation between lists.
The problem is that some users have acess to one list and other users have acess to another list. This acess is controled through the menu acess. So I don't want to have the drop-down. I only want to have one option of list per menu.

Joomla menu access has no relation to access to the userlist inside of CB. You need to edit your userlists and configure "User Group to allow access to" as necessary for the drop-down to display lists based on access.

How do I remove the drop-down from the default CV template PHP file?

Please see the below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php
ON: Lines 342-352
			if ( count( $this->lists ) > 0 ) {
				foreach ( $this->lists as $kname => $ncontent ) {
?>

<div class="cbUserListChangeItem cbUserList<?php echo $kname; ?>"><?php
				echo $ncontent;
			?></div>

<?php
				}
			}

Removing the above however will result in the search posting without the userlist ID, so hidden input will need to be added to the form so the userlist ID can be posted properly with the search. This can be added as follows.

ON: Line 402
<input type="submit" class="button" id="cbsearchlist" value="<?php echo _UE_FIND_USERS; ?>" />
TO:
<input type="hidden" id="listid" name="listid" value="<?php echo $this->listid; ?>" />
<input type="submit" class="button" id="cbsearchlist" value="<?php echo _UE_FIND_USERS; ?>" />

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn