[SOLVED] GJ Join Notification

12 years 5 months ago #180979 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Join Notification
Jojo - maybe you're onto something; I see that file in the installation package also, but not on our server. I think we may have a previous version of the language files - just can't figure out where GJ2.3 is getting that string.

Since we will be doing a full upgrade soon, I think we'll just wait; thanks for the help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Join Notification
The CBTxt API defines the text and then the language plugin allows it to be changed on a plugin by plugin basis. If no language file is present then it simply displays the defined string (which is in English). Basically you've an out of date language file. You should be able to add the string manually and translate it though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181144 by drdehart
How do we add the string manually?

12 years 5 months ago #181195 by krileon
Edit the language plugin and add the below.
'[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!'	=>	'[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!',

You'll see other strings with similar structure and can just place it directly above or below one of those other strings and should work fine. Better approach is to just download GJ 2.4 and use its language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181217 by drdehart
OK - working in GJ2.4 now and the first thing I did was to search the following file for "requires approval":

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php

Nothing there (file attached).

Then I searched the following file for "requires approval":

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/language.php

Found it! Changed it! (file attached) But this had no impact on the notification message on the site. So I assume that is not the controlling language file, but where is it???

I also searched:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/cbteamplugins_language.php and
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php

nothing there either. Where am I going wrong???
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #181228 by krileon
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/language.php

The above is the appropriate language file, you need to use it. The below probably won't work right as it's the outdated file format.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php

The string directly from source is as follows.
[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!

Please keep in mind you should not have both language plugins installed at the same time or they'll just conflict with one another. Ensure you only have 1 English language plugin installed. I really don't know what more to advise as it appears working in all my local tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn