[SOLVED] GJ Join Notification

12 years 5 months ago #181246 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Join Notification
Thanks, so I think you are saying "delete /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php" - correct?

Can you look at the version of language.php that I attached? Is the change we made correct if our intent is to remove the reference to the Category in the Join notification?

Line 123 Was: '[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!' => '[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!',

Line 123 Is: '[user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!' => '[user] has joined [group] and requires approval!',

I'm not clear why the string is repeated on the that line. Or should we change both sides, like:

'[user] has joined [group] and requires approval!' => '[user] has joined [group] and requires approval!',

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181253 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Join Notification

Thanks, so I think you are saying "delete /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish/english.php" - correct?

Yes, of course. You can't have 2 English plugins of 2 different formats installed at once. GJ will go bonkers trying to figure out which it's supposed to use. The simple solution is to uninstall the language plugin from CB > Plugin Management then install the one from GJ 2.4 then make whatever changes you feel necessary.

The right hand side is the only side you should change. The left hand side is the reference to the source, if it's changed it won't work. Your change seams fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181255 by drdehart
This is killing me - so we

1. deleted english.php,

2. changed line 123 in language.php to read:

'[user] has joined [group] and requires approval!' => '[user] has joined [group] and requires approval!',

3. moved language.php from the /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveen-gb folder to the /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbgroupjiveenglish folder

and STILL we get: [user] has joined [group] in [category] and requires approval!

So it is either finding another language file somewhere or not finding our language file and defaulting to some hard code???

12 years 5 months ago #181256 by drdehart
oops - our posts crossed - let me try uninstalling and reinstalling, and only changing the right-hand side of the code.

12 years 5 months ago #181262 by drdehart
I see through ftp that deleting the plug-in in admin did not delete some of the old folders and files, so I deleted the folders, re-installed the plug-in and voila! Success! Thanks for your patience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn