All email is rejected by Registration

12 years 5 months ago #182814 by josebueno777
All email is rejected by Registration was created by josebueno777
CB is rejecting every email in the registration process with the error:
Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation.

I am in the process of starting a site and it may be something I have done. I have the setting in configuratioon as: Yes, check only for email...

I have also created emails in hotmail and yahoo, as well as used ones from a private domain. All come out the same.

Thank you for your help.

Jose Bueno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182820 by nant

josebueno777 wrote: CB is rejecting every email in the registration process with the error:
Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation.

I am in the process of starting a site and it may be something I have done. I have the setting in configuratioon as: Yes, check only for email...

I have also created emails in hotmail and yahoo, as well as used ones from a private domain. All come out the same.

Thank you for your help.

Jose Bueno

If you are seeing this in frontend, then all you need to do is to turn off the

Ajax Email checker

parameter that is located in the Registration tab of your CB Configuration area.

The check will still be active in the backend and can be ignored. All it means is that it is not able to verify if the email address is in fact active (most likely something is blocking the code from contacting the email server of the address entered).

The check is basically a warning that the email might be wrong and if so the confirmation email message (or any followup welcome message) might get lost.

11 years 7 months ago #209462 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: All email is rejected by Registration
Hi Nant,

Same problem here.
In frontend we use the e-mailconfirmation field. We have ajax check disabled. But in backend we get the error as in attachment.

Can't save the user with the new e-mailadres.
And the 'confirm e-mail' field isn't shown in backend?
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #209473 by nant

comyoo wrote: Hi Nant,

Same problem here.
In frontend we use the e-mailconfirmation field. We have ajax check disabled. But in backend we get the error as in attachment.

Can't save the user with the new e-mailadres.
And the 'confirm e-mail' field isn't shown in backend?

That's just a warning and you can ignore it.

All it means is that the email checker could not reach the email server to verify if the address really exists and if there is a mailbox attached to it.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: All email is rejected by Registration
Orange means the check returned no results, but didn't fail formatting standards. Not everyone domain responds to MX Record lookups. In other words what you're seeing is normal. You can't disable the ajax check in backend. It's also non-blocked, meaning it'll save just fine regardless of what is displayed. The confirm field isn't shown in backend; it has no purpose for user management sake and is strictly for users convenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209475 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: All email is rejected by Registration
Hi Nant,

I would like to ignore it, but can't save the user if the error appears.
So can't change e-mailadres in user management in CB administrator.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn