[SOLVED] Can't edit fields in backend of user profile

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183087 by fribse2011
Within the last 14 days, something has changed for me in the backend.
When I edit the user profile, the 'save' button doesn't react at all.
This makes it impossible of course to update the fields.

I've removed the 'jquery' javascripts from the 'js' folder under comprofiler, as the jquery loading on the frontend collided with the ignite gallery plupload function.
After that I've included the jquery++ integrator, as that loads the jquery library 'in time', eg. before the ignite gallery needs it.

Does that affect the save button in the backend?
I'm quite puzzled that this all of the sudden doesn't work.

The backend template (if that has any influence) is Bluestork.

Best regards
Fribse

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183102 by krileon
You can't delete CBs libraries then expect CB to function, please restore CB back to a normal install. Once done please re-test if issue persists. Please also ensure you're using CB 1.7.1 if on J1.7 as there are known issues with buttons in backend in previous releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183145 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Can't edit fields in backend of user profile
Hi Krileon

Fair enough, I'll do that, but how do I then disable the loading of jquery in the frontend, the CB messes up the jquery, as it is loaded AFTER ignite gallery, and if I then load it before, it loads twice, and then ignite wont work.
So I need to disable the loading of the jquery in CB somehow.

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #183148 by fribse2011
I found out that I had not updated to CB 1.7.1, as the upload failed, so I ftp'ed it up, and installed from file instead, so now it's at 1.7.1.
The jquery in js was showing up again, and I can now edit in backend.
But as soon as I did that, the frontend upload via plupload in ignite gallery failed.
Ignite doesn't want multiple jquery libraries loaded, and CB loads the jquery AFTER ignite gallery.
So there are two solutions, a way to make it load jquery earlier, or a way to disable loading jquery (the latter would be perfect, as the loading of jquery could then be moved to a specialized system plugin).

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #183151 by krileon
CB jQuery runs in a mid-level noConflict by routing its jQuery to $ as a new variable. CB 2.0 will be implementing a deep level jQuery noConflict by defining its own variable. However, this can't fix other extensions that fail to implement an adequate noConflict (just running noConflict isn't enough, it needs to be stored to a variable). You'll need to discuss with your extensions developer for them to implement a deeper noConflict. If Ignite is loading jQuery on a CB profile via a CB plugin then it should be using CB API to do this eliminating the issue all together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183157 by fribse2011
As I said, plupload doesn't want to jquery loaded twice, in noconflict or not.
So I need a way to either disable the loading of jquery in CB, or a way to load it earlier on in the page, so it loads before plupload relies on it.
It must be possible to do this please?

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn