[SOLVED] Issue with Login Field Type

12 years 5 months ago #183964 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: Issue with Login Field Type
Just to inform that if I change the position of module from top panel to right, the issue does not occur.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184021 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issue with Login Field Type
Strange, perhaps is an issue with how the panel renders modules? I recommend contacting the developer of the panel extension to see if they may know any further as to why it's doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184090 by amir00251
Hi, one more thing that may give a clue is that althought the login module shows "username" instead of "Email" in module in homepage, but if you enter Email and password it does log in.
In the same login fields (labled username and password) I enter Username and Password, then it fails to log in.

In other words, Functionality is still Email and Password and it is only the label shows "Username".

It may be a advanced cache issue. btw is there any way of work around just to change the label?

12 years 5 months ago #184093 by amir00251
Hi To solve the issue for my site, I have changed the

switch ( isset( $ueConfig ) ? $ueConfig : 0 ) {
case 2:
$userNameText = _UE_EMAIL;
break;
case 1:
// NEXT 3 LINES: CB 1.2 RC 2 + CB 1.2 specific : remove after !
if ( ! defined( '_UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL' ) ) {
DEFINE('_UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL','Username or email');
}
$userNameText = _UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL;
break;
case 0:
default:
$userNameText = _UE_USERNAME;
break;
}

in mod_cblogin.php to

switch ( isset( $ueConfig ) ? $ueConfig : 0 ) {
case 2:
break;
case 1:
// NEXT 3 LINES: CB 1.2 RC 2 + CB 1.2 specific : remove after !
if ( ! defined( '_UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL' ) ) {
DEFINE('_UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL','Username or email');
}
$userNameText = _UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL;
break;
case 0:
default:
break;
}

I know it is not perfect and I now think that there might be a bug in cb-login code causing this issue.

12 years 5 months ago #184104 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issue with Login Field Type

Hi, one more thing that may give a clue is that althought the login module shows "username" instead of "Email" in module in homepage, but if you enter Email and password it does log in.
In the same login fields (labled username and password) I enter Username and Password, then it fails to log in.

In other words, Functionality is still Email and Password and it is only the label shows "Username".

Module doesn't handle the login, but just handles the POST. When posting to the login page you're leaving the homepage and performing the login then redirects back.

I know it is not perfect and I now think that there might be a bug in cb-login code causing this issue.

Don't believe it's a bug in CB, but just a conflict between extensions or probably caching. The issue is something is preventing CBs configuration file from loading on the homepage. This means the module can't tell what $ueConfig is set to.

Unfortunately I've no idea where the conflict is coming from because there's simply too much installed. Given it only happens on your homepage it's very likely a module or extension that is only loaded on your homepage or caching of some sort.

While your workaround will force the text I do recommend trying to find out what could cause this as it's possible the conflict could cause you much more headache down the road.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184110 by amir00251
Hi, thanks for feedback. I have literally disabled all the modules loading on that page, I have disabled all the plugins rently installed and no luck.

I think it may be a cache issue of some sort, but at least you have this info for future reference, if something similar happened. Thank you again for your support and time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn