Error

Please login first

AutoAction excecute PHP

12 years 4 months ago #186896 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: AutoAction excecute PHP

bornakke wrote: Hmm... what a shame. I guess i will have to once again move back to hacking CB.

can't you just code your own plugin?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186904 by bornakke
Replied by bornakke on topic Re: AutoAction excecute PHP
If CB were using Joomla plugins I would definitely do so, but learning a whole new system would be quiet a big job for a single functionality. Afraid that the coding structure of CB is too unique for me to make such daring move.

12 years 4 months ago #186922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: AutoAction excecute PHP
I've a working example plugin at the below tutorial. Developing CB plugins is quite simple. It's basically like developing a Joomla system plugin with a lot of the same structuring; etc, setting up triggers, pointing to class function..

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

I don't recommend making core edits as we do not support them and we can not help you if you should run into any issues in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186929 by bornakke
Yes i know.

The problem is that you guys have decided to make a whole new framework.

Today I have used 2 hours just getting a basic redirect because cb is using cbredirect instead of Jcontroller::setRedirect and seems to ignore Jrequest::set.

Just getting to know the joomla framework is a year of work, but in the end gaining because you use the same calls in so many situations.

CB framework is only used in CB and the documentation and forum talks is rare compared to that of joomla framework, which in most cases makes it unprofitable to learn. This is the single reason why no one in our firm will never do a CB plugin.

12 years 4 months ago #186934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: AutoAction excecute PHP
No one said you had to use CB API. You only should if you want your plugin cross-platform (e.g. work on J1.5 and J1.7 same time). You're more then welcome to use Joomlas API in your plugin. To have for example a tab on a profile takes an XML file and about 15 lines of code, what content you render and how you render it in that tab can be purely with Joomla API if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187023 by bornakke
Sorry, I'm not sure if things has changed.

I only know that last time we used time on building our own cb plugins, it turned out to be a mess and we ended out building a whole new component outside cb instead. Quiet a pricy experiences which is why we are trying other approaches.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn