CB Blogs not working correctly? cant access/view

12 years 4 months ago #186840 by ellare
Hi

CB Blogs 2.1.0 on a Joomla 1.5.23 site.

I can create a blog as a frontend user as "User#1". But when testing from another user's account on a different browser as user #2 that wants to view user#1's blog - user#2 cannot view user#1's blog entries.

User #1 created blog entries frontend with Firefox 8. User#2 is on IE8 trying to view User#1's entries - and the browser just spins and spins.

When User#1 tries to view his own blog entries in Firefox 8 - I get this error:
"Page isn't redirecting properly".

I am somewhat disappointed that I couldn't seem to find any tutorial/info on how to actually use and configure CB Blogs - or am I just missing something here?

I can provide URL and access if needed.

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186842 by ellare
so this has something to do with the integration in to the article manager of j 1.5.xx

i have reconfigured to to
Blogs > General > Model > Joomla 1.5

Internal tab is set to right category

CMS tab is set to right section.

I created a new blog entry with proper categorization from the front end.

now everything is erroring out with 500 error when I go to my user profile to view my own blog I just made

seems that if in the config settings that the 'section' is indicated as where it really should be - anything but "select section" - I get the 500 white screen of death

I need help figuring out the proper configuration settings. Cuz no matter what combinations i am trying - something always errors out.

THanks
LrG

12 years 4 months ago #186882 by Madan
Can't offer any help on this one but would like to inform that I also get the "500 error" using the latest CB-blogs version. Prior version works flawlessly however.

Happy new year to all of you!

/Daniel

12 years 4 months ago #186901 by krileon
Latest release was CB Blogs 2.2.0. I could not confirm any of your issues on J1.5 or J1.7. The only issue I could find was a bug with Category URLs, which I've now fixed with release of CB Blogs 2.2.1.

Ideally the Model should be left to Automatic unless you want to use Internal method. Then for the Section it should be the Joomla content Section where your Categories for your blogs would be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187105 by ellare
Ok I'll put in the updated 2.2.1 and see what happens and report back!

12 years 4 months ago #187125 by ellare
experiencing same issue!
set at Auto, no internal, no CMS, no defaults >> no blog entries can be seen, and can't create from front end bc no categories defined

gen-auto, CMS "myBlogs" >> WSOD (white screen of death) when trying to view profile at index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=81

gen-auto, internal-"Member Blog Entry", CMS no change, Default - no change >> can't see blog entries and can't create from front end bc no categories defined

gen - internal, internal - Member Blog Entry, CMS - nothing selected, Default - category of Member Blog Entry >> can see entries, other users can see entries, but when click on the link to view/read the blog entry - both Firefox and IE8 error out. "The page isn't redirecting properly"

gen - joomla 1.5, internal - Member blog entry, CMS - "My Blog" - default "member blog entry" - WSOD on index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=81

I need help determining the set up. I can provide access if needed

LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn