[SOLVED] CBSubs once plan upgraded can't renew to old level

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187505 by The Donald
I have two memberships, call them Member and Member Plus. Once a member upgrades from one to the other (either direction it appears), at the time of renewal the plan they moved FROM is no longer available for them to go back to, they can only reactivate the plan they are currently on.
The Parent Plan to both is Top Level Top Level, I am on CBSubs 1.2.2 and CB 1.7.1
Workflow settings are currently: allow upgrade: Yes
Propose only if more expensive: NO (but this was originally at YES, changing it had no effect)

I think that it must be something simple but I have searched both the documentation and the forums without finding a solution. Would appreciate any help on a direction to look!

Thanks
-Donald

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187584 by krileon
You are upgrading from 1 plan to another. You no longer need or can obtain the old plan unless it is set to Non-Exclusive so you can be subscribed to 2 top-level plans at the same time. If you want the user subscribed to both plans you need to have it structured as non-exclusive or in a parent > child setup. Example as follows.

Member (exclusive, parent)
- Member Plus (non-exclusive, child)

With the above the child is non-exclusive so it can be optional and not forced. Exclusive in some scenarios also means Mandatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187673 by The Donald
Thanks Krileon,
What you say makes good sense. I made the changes to non-exclusive for the two top level plans, However the existing members still cannot see the old plan in their profile. If the change only works moving forward, and not retroactively, what would be your suggestion to handle the (admittedly small - ~13) members so that they can see the old plan again?

-Donald

12 years 4 months ago #187705 by krileon
Please ensure both plans are non-exclusive and allow upgrades.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187921 by The Donald
Both Plans are set as follows:
Presentation TAB
Exclusive Plan: Not exclusive
Hide children plans if unselected: Yes

Work Flows TAB
Allow upgrade to this plan: Yes
Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive: No
Propose spontaneously Plan for upgrades: Yes

Plan that is upgraded to is still the only one that is visible at renewal

12 years 4 months ago #187923 by krileon

Plan that is upgraded to is still the only one that is visible at renewal

You can only renew 1 plan at a time.Each plan should have its own renew button to click. They must be renewed separately for now. We're reviewing improving this with a future release. Sorry, for the confusion as misunderstood your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn