[SOLVED] CBSubs once plan upgraded can't renew to old level

12 years 4 months ago #187933 by The Donald
Hi krileon,

"Each plan should have its own renew button to click"

That is exactly the issue. the plan that they have upgraded 'FROM' does not have a renew button visible. In fact when the member goes to renew, the old plan is not even visible to them. If I go into the back end as admin, I can see the old plan but the only option is to delete, while the plan they moved to allows me to either reactivate or delete...

I do apologize for not being very clear. English IS my first language so unfortunately I really don't have an excuse!

-Donald

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #188009 by krileon

That is exactly the issue. the plan that they have upgraded 'FROM' does not have a renew button visible. In fact when the member goes to renew, the old plan is not even visible to them. If I go into the back end as admin, I can see the old plan but the only option is to delete, while the plan they moved to allows me to either reactivate or delete...

There is no renewing a plan they upgraded from. They replaced that plan with the plan they upgraded to. That's how Exclusive works. If you want them to have a subscription to both plans at any given time and be able to renew both at any given time then they must both be non-exclusive.

Please PM backend login credentials as well as credentials where a user is seeing renew problems and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190925 by The Donald
PM Sent

12 years 3 months ago #190990 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and the reason the user couldn't change his subscription at expiration was due to "Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities:" which was set to "No" in CBSubs > Settings > Global. You need to allow "Upgrades" for a user to change their subscription from 1 plan to another. This unfortunately will also allow them to upgrade while they have an active subscription.

To circumvent that on the Workflows tab of your plans set a condition to only show if none of the other plans are actively subscribed to. As this is a DEMO I've gone ahead and set the parameter to "Yes", which resolves your issue and I then configured the "Individual" plan to only show if the other plans aren't active (please review this configuration carefully on workflows tab) via parameter set "Static Conditions on already existing subscriptions and CB Fields and Dates to allow upgrades".

I also recommend setting your top level plans to "Exclusive" unless you intend on allow them to subscribe to multiple plans during registration at the same time. Not sure exactly how you intend to have this setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #191007 by The Donald
Fantastic!
Thank you very much. I will do as you suggest. I have spent many hours reading both the manual and trying by example to get this to work. Somehow I had missed the Global Settings tab.

Very much appreciate your time on this Krileon.

-Donald

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn