Error

Please login first

Can't LogIn with Facebook...

12 years 3 months ago #188897 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can't LogIn with Facebook...

FBC 1.5

This is significantly out of date. Please upgrade to FBC 1.8.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

The problem is exactly what the error says. You configured your Facebook account for www.example.com and tried to using FBC on example.com (this is just an example) which they are not one in the same. Facebook is very strict on domain matching.

just tried it with a FB account that did NOT exist in CB Users, and with an email that DOES exist in CB Users -

You can't do this. You can't have an email address registered twice. Nor does FBC link users based off email, it's purely based off their FB ID. If the email address for the FB account is already registered it will error out and tell them the email is already registered. This assumes your Joomla template has the message tag so you can see such messages; always test in default Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188930 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: Can't LogIn with Facebook...
wow really? I just DL'd that plugin on Nov 27, 2011 so it's been updated 3x since then?

i'll give it a go...

thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn