Full post in CB PB Latest

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187758 by creezi
Replied by creezi on topic Re: Full post in CB PB Latest
I have redownloaded the module and re-installed. I now indeed see the parameters in the module. But if I put the post in, it does not show.

I use Joomla 1.7.0 with the latest CB and CB Subs version. Installed this about a week ago, so it is all recent. Everything works great by the way. And I am really happy with CB Subs. :P

In the parameters for Wall I now have:

{p[cb:userfield field="username" /]} added a new wall entry to
{r[cb:userfield field="username" /]}
{e[date]}
{e[post]}

What am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187764 by creezi
Ok, I now finally have the post showing up.
But unfortunately the message, date and post are all showing up as one row. How do I add style to the page? I can add a Module Class Suffix. But how to add the css class to the post, date and text?

And the images/video in the posts, are showing up as text and not with the actual images showing. How do I fix this?

12 years 3 months ago #187771 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Full post in CB PB Latest

But unfortunately the message, date and post are all showing up as one row.

They display exactly how you supply them; it's purely substitution driven.

How do I add style to the page? I can add a Module Class Suffix. But how to add the css class to the post, date and text?

You can add CSS (use Firebug to inspect the module and see its classes/IDs/elements) or within the parameter just add your own HTML (believe we fixed HTML not saving in J1.7 already).

And the images/video in the posts, are showing up as text and not with the actual images showing. How do I fix this?

Can't, it htmlspecialchars the text for security (directly pulled from database). I suppose you could edit the module and remove the htmlspecialchars however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187803 by creezi

krileon wrote:

But unfortunately the message, date and post are all showing up as one row.

They display exactly how you supply them; it's purely substitution driven.

What does this mean? That it can't be shown as the original post? Sorry for asking, but if so, what is the point of the substitution? I can’t imagine anyone will find it interesting, shown as one row.

How do I add style to the page? I can add a Module Class Suffix. But how to add the css class to the post, date and text?
You can add CSS (use Firebug to inspect the module and see its classes/IDs/elements) or within the parameter just add your own HTML (believe we fixed HTML not saving in J1.7 already).

I am using firebug. Like I said, there is no class, it is just one row.
Could you point me in the right direction with an example of adding html to the parameter? I have no experience with that whatsoever.

Can't, it htmlspecialchars the text for security (directly pulled from database). I suppose you could edit the module and remove the htmlspecialchars however.

After viewing the module php, I understand it and why it is done this way. But I must say, it doesn’t make sense that there isn’t a general ‘posts’ page.
Commercially it seems more interesting to achieve a community website, than your visitors having to search for a user that has something interesting to say. But that is just me spilling my frustration I guess.

Anyway, do you perhaps have a link or example on how to remove the htmlspecialchars, or even better, add a BBCODE function? I have to admit I am very new to this, but very eager to learn.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

12 years 3 months ago #187864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Full post in CB PB Latest

What does this mean? That it can't be shown as the original post? Sorry for asking, but if so, what is the point of the substitution? I can’t imagine anyone will find it interesting, shown as one row.

Displaying a full text comment in a module isn't very ideal. It has htmlspecialchars applied because it's pulled straight from the database. This is to avoid output vulnerabilities and element conflicts.

I am using firebug. Like I said, there is no class, it is just one row.
Could you point me in the right direction with an example of adding html to the parameter? I have no experience with that whatsoever.

You simply add HTML to the parameter. Example as follows.

{e[date]}<div>{e[post]}</div>

More on HTML at the following tutorial.

www.w3schools.com/html/html_intro.asp

The UL element should have "mod_cbpblatest_MODE" (e.g. mod_cbpblatest_a).

Anyway, do you perhaps have a link or example on how to remove the htmlspecialchars, or even better, add a BBCODE function? I have to admit I am very new to this, but very eager to learn.

Sorry, misunderstood the code rendering. This would be a bug actually as the module isn't processing the BB code. I've created a bug ticket as follows regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3134

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192580 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Full post in CB PB Latest
Hi Kyle, sorry to barge in on this thread.
I've read through and am also experiencing the same problem with the raw bbcode output.
I checked the forge and noticed that Beat resolved issue #3134 and a v1.3 pblatest was created but I've not been able to find the updated module. After searching I'm thinking that it hasn't been publicly released yet. If it has, could you kindly point me in the right direction?
Many thanks in advance -
Bryan

J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn