[#3240] GJ 2.5 rc bugs

12 years 3 months ago #190242 by GTvB
Replied by GTvB on topic Re: GJ 2.5 rc bugs
I forgot to mention: Users U1, U2 and U3 have set the wall notification flag for both groups G1 and G2 to "Notify" !!!!!!!!

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ 2.5 rc bugs
I don't know what to tell you. I've tested 3 different groups with a total of 5 users each (same users per group) using all notification methods (PMS, EMAIL, BOTH, EITHER/OR) and received the notifications perfectly fine. If using email only please check the spam folders of those users email accounts. Please also test with PMS only to see in the PMS will at least arrive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190258 by GTvB
It can't be a problem withe the spam folders, because user U1, U2 and U3 already recieved notifications from G1. But I will check them.
I will also test pure PM notification.

Did you run tests with about 50 to 70 users and E-Mail notification ?

Next idea : All users and groups already existed before I installed GJ 2.5. I am not shure, if users U1, U2 and U3 made any update on FE for notifications for G2. I tried to run the batchjob on BE in the group view. I had some difficulties to start them and I am not shure, if I did it the right way. Can you please explain, what exactly should be done, to run the batch job for a specific group (screenshot)? I will register a new user and connect him to G2, set notifications to yes and check, if the new user gets notifications.

GTvB

12 years 3 months ago #190263 by krileon

Did you run tests with about 50 to 70 users and E-Mail notification ?

No, the user count is irrelevant. It checks the _notifications database for table rows of the group where the action is being performed. It then checks if the params column contains 1 of the notification parameters for that action set to yes. It then parses through those rows and validates they've permission to receive notifications for that group. It then takes the users output and loops through to send them notifications. I guess if your site has a limitation on emails sent (30 per hour?) and you're trying to send out 100 notifications at once it could stop sending emails for some users.

Next idea : All users and groups already existed before I installed GJ 2.5. I am not shure, if users U1, U2 and U3 made any update on FE for notifications for G2.

Pre-existing users don't benefit from the notification defaults. They must, 1 by 1, edit their notifications and set to receive them.

I tried to run the batchjob on BE in the group view. I had some difficulties to start them and I am not shure, if I did it the right way. Can you please explain, what exactly should be done, to run the batch job for a specific group (screenshot)?

Batch job for what? Batch processing has nothing to do with notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190283 by GTvB
ok thats the probelm : pre-existing users. And ist a big problem. I thought, the batch jobs would migrate default settings to all users (by the way: what is the function of the batch job?).

Sorry but this design of migration (user has to set options for each group by lgging in and saving the options) is not very good. The site admin should be able to start with an empty _notifications table and fill it with default values for each user and notification type and general/category/group combination, that he configured to be changable by users.

I run a site for a soccer club with 11 teams. Each team has it's own group. When the trainer of the team posts important message on the wall, it must sure, that each member of the group gets a notification. When
I can't ensure this, nobody will use the wall function on my site. The will stay at facebook !!!!

So please try to find a solution to the big dilemma, this is very important for many users of group jive !!!!

GTvB

Ps: I will open a new post for the umlaut bug

12 years 3 months ago #190292 by krileon

(by the way: what is the function of the batch job?).

Same as using Publish/Unpublish buttons. It lets you change some of the values of a category, group, or user on mass scale. For example I can change the category of 20 groups all at once.

Sorry but this design of migration (user has to set options for each group by lgging in and saving the options) is not very good. The site admin should be able to start with an empty _notifications table and fill it with default values for each user and notification type and general/category/group combination, that he configured to be changable by users.

You can, see CB > Config > Notifications > Defaults (also check Integrations for integration defaults). However, it does not apply to existing users. If a user joins a group for example those defaults will apply.

I run a site for a soccer club with 11 teams. Each team has it's own group. When the trainer of the team posts important message on the wall, it must sure, that each member of the group gets a notification. When
I can't ensure this, nobody will use the wall function on my site. The will stay at facebook !!!!

Notifications must be opt in/out. Existing users must select what notifications they'd like to receive. New users joining the groups will of course have the default notifications as configured in backend applied to them.

So please try to find a solution to the big dilemma, this is very important for many users of group jive !!!!

How it is now is how it will stay, sorry. GJ is completely open source and you're welcome to make whatever changes you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn