Creation of nested groups

12 years 2 months ago #191031 by adop
Replied by adop on topic Re: Creation of nested groups
When I click new group I am in a second level group with this url:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=23&grp=171&Itemid=710&lang=it

The group creation form comes with this url:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=new&cat=23&grp=171&Itemid=716&lang=it

but in the breadcrumbs I read:
Home > Groups > My Group > My Group New Category > Category Overview > Create New Group.

From this it is clear that I am creating a top level group. However when I start the process I am in a lower level group.

adop

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Creation of nested groups
The only issue I could find was a bug with the Breadcrumb. Aside from that I've spent the last 2 hours going through the source and re-testing; creating nested groups appears to be working perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191096 by adop
I have tried to create a new nested group not only through a Group Users but also as Mod, and Admin but the only case when I am successful is when I log in as Super Users.

Then I have tried to debug the code and this is what I gather:

a) I get a "No groups available msgs" because this line in component.cbgroupjive.php
$groups = cbgjData::listArray( cbgjData::getGroups( array( array( 'grp_nested_create' ), $user ), $where ) );
sets $group to null.

b) walking backworks, this depends on the query being run from this line in cbgroupjive.class.php:
$_CB_database->setQuery( $query );
The query is:
SELECT a.* FROM `#__groupjive_groups` AS a WHERE ( a.`user_id` = 139 )
 AND ( a.`category` = '23' ) ORDER BY a.`ordering` ASC
and there is no sign of the group id being included in the WHERE clause.

So I don't see how the Create New Group form could get the parent group displayed as an option if it is neither queried nor taken from a var in memory.

I have also checked that the two files I mention above are the ones from rc2 dtsribution and they have been installed correctly.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Creation of nested groups
Was able to find a problem with the drop-down select showing when a parent is provided with the group object and will fix for next release, but it still functions fine.

This is how it should behave basically. A admin should always see the drop-down select to select whatever group they want for the parent. A regular user should see just the name of the parent like they do for Category and shouldn't be able to select a parent group from the drop-down select (this is currently bugged, they see the drop-down, but it's not a vulnerability because they only see groups they can add nested groups to).

How are you trying to create a new nested group? You should simple be doing Category > Group > New Group. Then don't touch the parent drop-down select (unless you want to change it) as it's already pre-selected for the group you were viewing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191124 by adop
I am creating it from this group page here:

and this takes to this form where the group is not present:

At this stage I will put it aside and wait for the next release.

BTW when is it planned for?

thanks.

adop

Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago #191141 by adop
I have also noticed that this code in component.cbgoupjive.php:
$list_access = array_merge( $list_access, $_CB_framework->acl->get_groups_below_me() );
merges array $list_access having strings in local language and an array coming from function get_groups_below_me() which is in the default language.

So the result is 2 strings in Italian, in my case, and 2 in English in the same select.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn