CB PB Latest inclusion

12 years 1 month ago #194326 by jwall101
CB PB Latest inclusion was created by jwall101
Is there currently any way to include Status updates (using CB Ajax Text fieldtype) or new image uploaded to CB ProfileGallery in the module please? If not, could there be the functionality and where should I start looking to add it?

Thank you!

Jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
Yes, the ajax text field can be used as a status field if that's what you choose to call it. It won't show in either ProfileBook or ProfileGallery modules though and you'd need to design your own for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194350 by jwall101
Replied by jwall101 on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
No, I mean can the ajax text field be incorporated into the CB PB Latest module to display text field changes?

Jonathan

12 years 1 month ago #194352 by krileon
Yes, the module supports substitutions so you could for example do the below.

Poster: {p[cb_myajaxfield]}
Recipient: {r[cb_myajaxfield]}

The module shows entries based off profilebook entries. It's not going to show your ajax fields entries 1 after another, but you can display your ajax field in the profilebook entry if you want using the above substitution method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194353 by jwall101
Replied by jwall101 on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
But a standard registered user wouldn't be able to update their ajax field and for it to automatically create a new item in the Profile Book and therefore the CB PB Latest module, would they?

12 years 1 month ago #194358 by krileon
Nope, the ajax text field has nothing to do with profilebook. You could have your users use the Wall or Blog as profile status if you wanted as those entries can and will show in the module.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn