CB PB Latest inclusion

12 years 1 month ago #194359 by jwall101
Replied by jwall101 on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
Ok. :) And then could you pull in a field that displays the last Blog post and label it as Current status or something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194362 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
Yes, using the CB Query Field to query the database for the latest entry from the user. CB Query Field displays the results of a database SELECT query as a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194363 by jwall101
can you point me in the right direction as to how that would be done please?

Thanks for your help with this - as with a lot of things to do with Community Builder, if you think slightly outside the box then so much more is achievable.

12 years 1 month ago #194401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB PB Latest inclusion
For example the below query will get the latest Wall post of a user. Note the query is constructed for CB Query Field (incubator project).
SELECT `postercomment` FROM `#__comprofiler_plug_profilebook` WHERE `mode` = 'w' AND `userid` = '[user_id]' ORDER BY `date` DESC LIMIT 1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194403 by jwall101
Many thanks for that - I will give it a go. Yes, I always try my hardest to use CB elements where possible and have just downloaded the CB Query Field.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn