Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Modules and Templates in CB Profile

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194744 by diogotu
Hi,

My joomla version is 2.5.3 and CB 1.8 CBsubs 1.3 RC

1 - I created a menu link to external url going to a userlist!

2 - I selected the modules that i want to show in this link (works ok)

3 - I selected the joomla template style to load with this link (works ok)

the issue:

When click the users of the list, it show the user profile, but not show the modules and doesn't load the template style...

How can i fix that

userlist (load joomla modules and template style asigned)
user profile (doesn't load joomla modules and template style asigned)

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #194795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Modules and Templates in CB Profile
Have you manually added the Itemid to the userlist external link? Also ensure it begins with index.php and not live site. If using SEF there's no workaround as Joomla SEF strips Itemid from external links. If you need a link to a specific userlist, but need it to behave as an internal link you'll need to create an internal userlist as normally then edit the URL directly in _menus database table to append the listid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194850 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Modules and Templates in CB Profile
Hi,

Have you manually added the Itemid to the userlist external link?

No, i inserted as external link without Itemid

(list external link added) index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=14
(list link on the website) index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=14&Itemid=260
(link to the user profile) index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=67

so when click any user it strip the itemid, but for the userlists is still there

Also ensure it begins with index.php and not live site.

Is index.php

If using SEF there's no workaround as Joomla SEF strips Itemid from external links.

No SEF

If you need a link to a specific userlist, but need it to behave as an internal link you'll need to create an internal userlist as normally then edit the URL directly in _menus database table to append the listid.

I dont know if i need that because for the userlist it already have itemid, it just strip for the user profile

Thanks

12 years 1 month ago #194893 by krileon

it just strip for the user profile

You need to have an Internal public and published menu link to CBs profile. This link is mandatory. Without it then links to CB won't have an Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194903 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Modules and Templates in CB Profile

If you need a link to a specific userlist, but need it to behave as an internal link you'll need to create an internal userlist as normally then edit the URL directly in _menus database table to append the listid.

I tried that and worked, now doesn't strip the user profile itemid, i don't know why, now is apply for 50 menu itens...

You need to have an Internal public and published menu link to CBs profile. This link is mandatory. Without it then links to CB won't have an Itemid.

how i do that, is a link for each menu profile?

Thanks

12 years 1 month ago #194909 by krileon

how i do that, is a link for each menu profile?

You don't create a menu link for every users profile. Within Joomla create a new menu link to CBs profile and ensure it's public as well as published, that's it. The module it's on doesn't have to be published though. So a common tactic is to create a new menutype of "Hidden" then add your link to it so it's never seen on frontend, but its Itemid is still used.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn