Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Modules and Templates in CB Profile

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194923 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Modules and Templates in CB Profile

You don't create a menu link for every users profile. Within Joomla create a new menu link to CBs profile and ensure it's public as well as published, that's it. The module it's on doesn't have to be published though. So a common tactic is to create a new menutype of "Hidden" then add your link to it so it's never seen on frontend, but its Itemid is still used.

I did, and like magic the users got a itemid!
But a diferent itemid from the userlist

for example:
- userlist1 Itemid=482 (load 2 modules and assigned to template 1)
- userlist2 Itemid=483 (load 1 module and assigned to template 2)

->user profiles in both lists Itemid=592 (doesn't load any module or template, but i need diferent template and modules for diferent user profiles)

in the example:
- userlist1 and userprofile from userlist1(load 2 modules and assigned to template 1)
- userlist2 and userprofile from userlist2 (load 1 module and assigned to template 2)

If i use the userlist as internal link, with no Internal public and published menu link to CBs profile, the user profile gets the itemid from the userlist, and load the modules and template from the userlist and is Exactly what i need.

So look like that this is the best solution for me, what do you think?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Modules and Templates in CB Profile
The links to a user within a userlist will not use the userlists Itemid unless the profile menu link is missing (not good). The Itemid for the userlist applies to that page and only that page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194934 by diogotu

The links to a user within a userlist will not use the userlists Itemid unless the profile menu link is missing (not good).

Why is not good?

The Itemid for the userlist applies to that page and only that page.

Is that what i need, so in other page it use other Itemid, than load diferent modules and diferent templates, that look perfect for the idea of the website!

Do you think that build in that way can bring problems in the future? Or can be a good solution? In the moment i can not see a better solution or other!

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194939 by krileon

Why is not good?

You must have a public and published Joomla menu link to CBs profile page. This link states "mandatory" when creating a CB Joomla menu link. Without it CB can behave oddly as it'll pull the wrong Itemid.

Is that what i need, so in other page it use other Itemid, than load diferent modules and diferent templates, that look perfect for the idea of the website!

Do you think that build in that way can bring problems in the future? Or can be a good solution? In the moment i can not see a better solution or other!

I don't understand what your issue is. Just create a menu link to your userlist then assign modules to that menu link. If you used an external menu link and have Joomla SEF enabled then it will not work (Joomla strips Itemid from external links). To have an internal link with a working Itemid pointing to a specific userlist you must edit the URL in _menus database table (J1.6-J2.5) after creating a link to CBs userlists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194965 by diogotu

I don't understand what your issue is.

My site have 3 templates styles,

Yoga Brasil (Template ybrasil),
Yoga Brasília (Template ybrasilia),
Yoga Rio (Template yrio)

issue:

Yoga Brasília -> userlist (Template ybrasilia) -> userprofile (Template ybrasil)
Yoga Rio -> userlist (Template yrio) -> userprofile (Template ybrasil)

what i need:

Yoga Brasília -> userlist (Template ybrasilia) -> userprofile (Template ybrasilia)
Yoga Rio -> userlist (Template yrio) -> userprofile (Template yrio)

So if i have the "mandatory" link to profile, i get the issue
If i don't have the "mandatory" link to profile, i get what i need

Just create a menu link to your userlist then assign modules to that menu link.

Thats what i was doing

To have an internal link within working Itemid and to a specific userlist you must edit the URL in _menus database table (J1.6-J2.5).

Thats what i'm doing now, but i need it for the profiles in the userlist

12 years 1 month ago #195028 by krileon
CB only has 1 Itemid for profiles. If you're missing the mandatory profile menu link it'll use the nearest userlists Itemid, which is why the ybrasil template is loading instead of yrio. One way to get around this is to be using J2.5 and the language filter then assigning a menu link to a specific language. This more or less can give 2 different site structures based off language. Aside from that not sure what more to advise, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn