[SOLVED] Profile update admin notifications?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #196544 by cherylru85
Dear nant/krileon,

Could I find out how is it possible for the admin user to be notified via email of what details the user updates on their profile?

For example, I am a current registered user and am logged in to update my email address and contact number.
How would the administrator be notified via email that my email has been updated from xxx@abc.com to bbb@xyz.net?

I have the Auto Actions installed and have implemented it to trigger email notification after an update.
But would like to know how to incorporate the fields in the notification to know what has been updated and to what.

Please advise. Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196564 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Profile update admin notifications?
CB Profile Update Logger plugin is available from Incubator area.

It will send emails for all updates to moderators.

12 years 1 month ago #196581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile update admin notifications?
Please don't post with a title in all caps, regardless of urgency. I've edited your thread title to remove the caps and be more relevant to your post, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196658 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: Profile update admin notifications?
Apologies krileon.
Would try the plugin nant.

12 years 1 month ago #196661 by cherylru85
Replied by cherylru85 on topic Re: Profile update admin notifications?
Hi Nick/Kyle,
I have the plugin installed. But can't understand how it works.
I tried to update, but it only triggered the email from the auto actions.

How should it be configured to show the fields that have been updated?
Do I need to tweak the codes to show the field(s) that I want to know that have been updated?

Please advise.

Thank you.

12 years 1 month ago #196683 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Profile update admin notifications?

cherylru85 wrote: Hi Nick/Kyle,
I have the plugin installed. But can't understand how it works.
I tried to update, but it only triggered the email from the auto actions.

How should it be configured to show the fields that have been updated?
Do I need to tweak the codes to show the field(s) that I want to know that have been updated?

Please advise.

Thank you.

You need to publish it after you install it.
Also make sure that the tab is published.

Then you should be able to see the new tab in backend (and in frontend if you are a CB Moderator).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn