[SOLVED] Profile image permissions

12 years 3 weeks ago #197514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile image permissions
They both work the same. The file is passed through the same functions that generate the thumbnail. The only difference is the original file is moved with PHP function move_uploaded_file on upload, which is probably where its permissions are getting set. This is a permissions issue on your server directly. The tmp folder that PHP uploads to needs proper permissions or the files uploaded to won't be set properly. Thumbnails are created in the images/comprofiler/ folder after the move is done so the tmp permissions are irrelevant for thumbnail (probably why it works).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197538 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic Re: Profile image permissions
That did the trick, it was permissions on the PHP temp folder. Thanks very much for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn