Approval and Email Confirmation Problem

11 years 11 months ago #200404 by gr00vytunes
Approval and Email Confirmation Problem was created by gr00vytunes
Joomla = 1.5.26
Jfusion = 1.7.5
phpbb3 = 3.0.10
CB = 1.8
GroupJive = 2.5.1

Primary user registration phpbb3 - JFusion setup to create users in Joomla automatically.

After installer Community Builder all users were Approved and Emails confirmed as ticked in user management.

Problem: New User profile page shows the following messages: "This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!" & "This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!"

When I visit the user management table in CB find a new user in the table it shows

gyazo.com/db125aa9fa0451e05355723215d338ab.png?1337168165

However these do not show up in Workflow for Moderators, Admins or Super Admins. When filtering table to show unconfirmed or unapproved the table is blank.

CB Configuration
Require Admin Approval = No
Require Email Confirmation = No

New members can however create a new Group in Group Jive but they have no access to profile page.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #200427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Approval and Email Confirmation Problem
Users need to register though CB. We do not support registration by any other means.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #200428 by gr00vytunes
Replied by gr00vytunes on topic Re: Approval and Email Confirmation Problem
Wow really ?

We cannot change the master registration environment due to other bespoke applications linked in to phpbb3.

How does one go about updating newly registered users - cron job maybe ?

I'm surprised it updated the other 6,000+ users who registered via phpbb3.

Appreciate your help

11 years 11 months ago #200446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Approval and Email Confirmation Problem
We do not support registration outside of CB. Whatever is doing your registration would need to add support for CB and register users through CBs API. Not doing so will result in CB registration process being incomplete.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #200486 by gr00vytunes
Ok no problem - As everything is working except those two fields I will try to find a way to set up DB table script as a cron job to update new users at timed intervals.

Thanks

11 years 11 months ago #200501 by gr00vytunes
For anyone wondering how to get around this...

CB Tools Manager - Synchronize Users

Imports only the missing users and sets the status based on your configuration, for me that means exactly what I need - Approved and confirmed and ready to use CB.

An automated synch would be spot on, but this is a great alternative for now and pain free :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn