Professional CB Search Extension

11 years 11 months ago #201744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
The results are substitution based. Just use the below to display the avatar in the results description.

[cb:userfield field="avatar" /]

More on substitution usage information can be found below.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #201752 by romellorivers
Replied by romellorivers on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
Hello,

Can you please explain exactly where to place this code:

Thx,

R

11 years 11 months ago #201804 by krileon
Extensions > Plug-in Manager > Search - Community Builder > Results > Text

The above allows you to alter the text displayed within the results description for each found result.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #201806 by romellorivers
Hi Krileon,

Ok I have a couple of issues here.

1. The cb plugin doesn't work on my site. It doesn't display cb profiles in the search results.

A. Perhaps it's version problem...I'm using: CB1.7 Joomla 1.5.2.6

B. However, the softforge cb plugin works and displays the profiles nicely ...along with selected fields. ( but not avatars)

2. In the cb plugins text form:
Extensions > Plug-in Manager > Search - Community Builder > Results > Text

A. There is already this code: [formatname]'s profile page

B. Do I delete this? Do I add the new code separated by comma...or on a new line?

11 years 11 months ago #201817 by krileon

1. The cb plugin doesn't work on my site. It doesn't display cb profiles in the search results.

It needs to be enabled and it needs to be configured. It also respects privacy so if a field can't be searched on a userlist then it can't be searched by Joomla.

A. Perhaps it's version problem...I'm using: CB1.7 Joomla 1.5.2.6

You need to upgrade to CB 1.8.

B. However, the softforge cb plugin works and displays the profiles nicely ...along with selected fields. ( but not avatars)

I didn't create the softforge plugin, you need to contact its developer for support.

A. There is already this code: [formatname]'s profile page

Correct, that's the default.

B. Do I delete this? Do I add the new code separated by comma...or on a new line?

All of the above, it's entirely up to you. It's just a textarea; add/remove/replace whatever you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 10 months ago #203478 by romellorivers
Hi Krileon,

I've just upgraded to cb 1.8.1. My Joomla version is J1.5.26

The cb search plugin is enabled.
The fields are searchable in the cb field manager.

The plugin is not working. It is not displaying the profiles or displaying the avatars.

Here is the syntax that I used:

[formatname]'s profile page

Please advise,

Romello

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn