Error

Please login first

Professional CB Search Extension

11 years 11 months ago #201669 by romellorivers
Professional CB Search Extension was created by romellorivers
Hello,

Has anyone Really found a good professional solution for
a cb search module or plugin for cb.

I'm trying to find a component, module or plugin so that I can create a facebook
style search... that will display cb members and avatars in the search results.

I've been reviewing the demos in the JED and starting today here. I'm surprised that
there are not more options for such an important and key function of ANY social network.

The cb list search functionality is excellent... but without a module to freely display search results on other pages... this is not adequate.

I've tried the new cb search plugin...even it does not display avatars ( unless i'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Romello

J1.5
CB1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #201675 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
Some quick ideas:

You might use the CB search Bot (or SoftForge CB search plugin J15 only) combined with a Joomla AJAX search extension. There are serveral AJAX extensions out there: Free and commercial. Please, see J!ED.

There is a (limited) but special search module made by Axxis.gr
It feels like a simple FB imitation. I think it searches on username or name field and displays one additional field in results.

A new product is mentioned here :
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/13-general-plugins/201166-just-released-ajax-driven-radius-member-search
But this is a component, not a module!
The following user(s) said Thank You: romellorivers

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #201686 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension

romellorivers wrote: Hello,

Has anyone Really found a good professional solution for
a cb search module or plugin for cb.

I'm trying to find a component, module or plugin so that I can create a facebook
style search... that will display cb members and avatars in the search results.

I've been reviewing the demos in the JED and starting today here. I'm surprised that
there are not more options for such an important and key function of ANY social network.

The cb list search functionality is excellent... but without a module to freely display search results on other pages... this is not adequate.

I've tried the new cb search plugin...even it does not display avatars ( unless i'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Romello

J1.5
CB1.2

The new Joomla CB search plugin (incubator area) is installed as a Joomla plugin and you need to publish it from the Joomla plugin management area.

You then need to edit the cb fields you want searchable (CB Field manager).

After this your Joomla search box should be able to return CB profile links depending on search criteria.

oops - I believe that the plugin is only J25 compatible.

11 years 11 months ago #201720 by romellorivers
Replied by romellorivers on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
Thank you

I'm using the SoftForge CB search plugin J15 with joomla search... with limited
success... It is doing a good job of displaying CB profiles... but it still will
not show the cb avatars.

I've enabled, "make cb avatars searchable" in cb field management.

I need to see more documentation on the new component... as I think it changes
the cblogin module... or something.

I'll use the cb memberslist in search mode until something more convincing comes along.
COME ON GUYS...get on it!... nothing is more important than SEARCH these days. haha

Thanks for the advice,

R

11 years 11 months ago #201729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
Our CB Search Bot (Incubator project) below allows displaying CB user search results from Joomla search. It's compatible with J1.5 and J2.5.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbsearchbot/files

This could be combined with a Joomla search module (default Joomla module or otherwise) or something of the sort to have searching from module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #201739 by romellorivers
Replied by romellorivers on topic Re: Professional CB Search Extension
Hi Krileon,

I tried the cb search plugin from the incubator before... I sucessfully
displayed the cb profiles...but not with avatars...

Is this a new/different file you're sending now. Are there options to display
the cb avatars in the search results?

Thanks,

R

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn