Just released ajax driven radius member search

11 years 10 months ago #201166 by sfraise
I just released an ajax driven radius search for CB that also comes packaged with a custom lightbox registration form with dependent drop down location fields.

You can view a demo at extensions.erecoverydev.com/index.php?option=com_cbajaxsearch&Itemid=3.

This first version is only compatible with Joomla 1.5 but a 2.5 version should be available in the next few days.

I plan to release a new version sometime in the next month or two as well with some improvements and more location data added for more countries. The next version will allow you to incorporate custom fields into the search fields as well.

This component does not use the cb list functions to make it more simple for beginners to set up. If there's a demand for it I may start working on a similar plugin that is tied into the list functionality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201635 by sfraise
The first 3 people that download can use the coupon code 10DOLLARDEAL and get it for $10.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201637 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Just released ajax driven radius member search
Just curious about the register modal window... does it mean I must use this method? In other words: How does one integrate your solution in an existing installation. Which usually has its own register form with serveral fields etc.

11 years 10 months ago #201638 by sfraise
The custom reg form is built into the cb login module so when you switch over to this one the register link fires off the custom form in a modal window instead of taking you to the default reg page for cb. It's set up to automatically pull in all of the fields you have set to show on your reg form in your cb fields tab in the admin panel so it should show all of the same fields you show now.

11 years 10 months ago #201639 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Just released ajax driven radius member search
Sorry, I still wonder why it requires a special login? I mean, I understand your explanation about special location fields, but why can´t we add and use those fields in CB fields manager? (or on the usual register page?)

11 years 10 months ago #201660 by sfraise
I'll have to create a custom plugin in order to include it within the fields framework which I don't really have the time for at the moment. I do plan to build a similar plugin that will work within the lists functionality and will most likely integrate the location drop downs then.

You can't just go into the CB fields panel and create a location field and use it, the first issue is I'm sure you don't want to manually add every state/province for every country, then every city/zip-code/latitude/longitude for each one of those states/provinces. The second issue is you have to determine what data to populate the child option with depending on the parent option selected.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn