Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] CB Registration WorkFlow Not Completing

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203156 by romellorivers
Hello Support,

1. I have a problem with new members not being able to register.

Below is the error notice that is displayed... and a quick note from the developer that is helping me with this issue.

It is "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

I did my best about this error.
On my researching in internet, Everyone says It is cb error and I think you have to ask cb support team.

2. We are using sh404 for sef... and at first I thought this was the problem. But the registration problem is still there when sh404 is disabled.

J1.5.26
CB1.7

Please advise,

Romello
problem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203166 by nant

11 years 10 months ago #204952 by romellorivers
Replied by romellorivers on topic Re: CB Registration WorkFlow Not Completing
Hello Nant,

I've upgraded to CB1.8.1 a couple of weeks ago ... and I thought that solved the problem. But now I have the exact same registration problem. I have no idea why.

Before I was trying to use sh404 and Acesef... I have given up on those and now just
using the joomla sef.

I've pretty much fixed all issue on my site and was preparing to announce public beta opening today only to discover to my horror that the registration process is not working properly.

BIG PROBLEM

There seems to be 2 registration issues.

1. For me the new account is created ...but I never get the confirmation email so that I can click and become member.

A. The new member is created in the user manager but status is disabled.

2. The developers that I've hire cannot fix this and suggested that I contact CB support. When they try to register a new account they are getting this error notice:

[3:57:49 PM] Sagar Anvekar | Joomla Solutions: when i try to register it says "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser."
[3:58:00 PM] Sagar Anvekar | Joomla Solutions: and my cookies are already enabled

3. Please try to register a new account to get the bug.

I would be very grateful for some direct help here. We are scheduled to open tomorrow.
I have a fresh back - up.

Regards,

Romello

11 years 10 months ago #204969 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Registration WorkFlow Not Completing

1. For me the new account is created ...but I never get the confirmation email so that I can click and become member.

Do emails work at all? Please try sending an email from CB > User Management > Mass Mailer to see if emails work at all.

A. The new member is created in the user manager but status is disabled.

Likely due to not receiving confirmation email so they couldn't confirm.

2. The developers that I've hire cannot fix this and suggested that I contact CB support. When they try to register a new account they are getting this error notice:

You can disable spoof checking within CB > Configuration > Integrations then try again. Ensure if you're using caching it is either disabled or has a very short cache duration (3-5 minutes).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204981 by romellorivers
Hello Krileon,

1. Yes the mass mailing email system works.

2. Anti spoofing is disabled.

3. Cache settings is set to 3 minutes

4. I've totally uninstalled sh404 and acesef

5. I've even tried to create new profile with joomla sef disabled.

6. I've deleted every plugin and extension that is not absolutely essential.

7. I've disabled some key components like Joomfish and the CB Player advanced.

The registration problem is exactly the same.

A. For me the new account is created ...but I never get the confirmation email so that I can click and become member.

B. The new member is created in the user manager but status is disabled.

Regards,

Romello

11 years 10 months ago #204984 by romellorivers
I'm a 5 year customer here... we are scheduled to open tomorrow. It would be greatly appreciated it you would try to create an account and check this out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn