Field edit option only to Administrators

11 years 10 months ago #204254 by abrbhat
Replied by abrbhat on topic Re: Field edit option only to Administrators
Surprisingly, after disabling usage of conditionals in the back-end,it starts to work perfectly fine. Is that the way its supposed to work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field edit option only to Administrators
No that shouldn't happen. I couldn't confirm your issue. Are you trying to condition core fields such as the userparams field, username, password, email, etc.. ?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204399 by krileon
"Backend" is set to "Enabled" yet I can edit and save any user in CB > User Management. Not sure what the issue is exactly, but I see no problem occurring. Please provide exact steps to duplicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204432 by abrbhat
Replied by abrbhat on topic Re: Field edit option only to Administrators
try this now:
go to CB User Management->sample_shop1->Additional info tab->check Books...
it shows a 'Not Authorized' Popup

11 years 9 months ago #204554 by krileon
Please PM valid backend login credentials as the previous no longer appear to be active.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 9 months ago #204707 by krileon
It's doing this because the Username field is conditioned to hide. Do not condition core fields. Backend checks to ensure the POST contains username, confirmed, and approved fields. If either of them are missing it'll show the not authorized error. I've confirmed this is the cause by temporarily disabling the condition for the username field and is then working fine. I've re-enabled the condition, but you should review changing it or removing it entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn