CB connect not working for Google or Linkedin

11 years 9 months ago #205273 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB connect not working for Google or Linkedin
As it turns out non of them work with Terms of Service enabled. You check the box and it never logs you in. If I remove the requirement then it works for everything but LinkedIn. Is this by design??? I should be able to use a terms of use for my own site despite how you log in?

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #205306 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once both configured try to accept the TOS with LinkedIn again. It shouldn't matter what connect site you used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #205309 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB connect not working for Google or Linkedin
Hi,

You are not reading my post completely. Linkedin does NOT WORK AT ALL, there is no popup or anything. All of the other connections, Facebook, Twitter, Google require me to check off the terms of service and after doing so do not log me in. Linkedin is the problem it does nothing for some reason?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #205318 by krileon
I'm reading your posts just fine. You aren't making much sense. You say it works except for the TOS page then you say it doesn't work at all. That doesn't make any sense. Please clarify and provide exact steps/configuration to reproduce your problem.

You probably configured your LinkedIn application incorrectly. If a button does not work it means the JS failed. This could be a conflict or because it wasn't configured properly. Both should tell you what happened within your browser error console (misconfiguration may not, depends on if the connect site reports a problem to sites console). Please review "Help" and reconfigure LinkedIn exactly as instructed.

Ensure "Integration URL", "JavaScript API Domain", and "OAuth Redirect URL" are all configured properly (e.g. www.example.com/).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #205333 by chucknb28409
Hi,

Looks like I forgot a slash in one place. Sorry about that. I am still having problems with the Login after using Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or Google but I think that might be related to an email issue on the site itself as I am getting emails now with the following:

A new user has registered at www.zypath.com.
This email contains their details

Name - Chuck Bunn
E-mail - aozU-7z8PT@cb.invalid
Username - Chuck_Bunn

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from Zypath (www.zypath.com).

What causes the cb.invalid to be generated???

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

11 years 9 months ago #205342 by krileon
Most connect sites do not provide a valid email address. So it'll give the user an invalid email for registration to complete. They'll then be sent to the incomplete registration page for them to supply a valid email address (same page the TOS checkbox shows).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn