Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] CB Conditional not working for some fields

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205319 by Freshpage
CB conditional has stopped working on my site for radio buttons and checkboxes. It still works for dropdowns. It was working for a couple of weeks, and other than deleting a few fields I can't think of anything I could have done to break it, other than apply a new cb.core.xml file as described in this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/204693-failed-with-sql-error-row-size-too-large

However, I tried rolling back to the original cb.core.xml file and this did not fix the problem.

I have created test fields to prove that radios dont work, but dropdowns do. You can see this at the bottom of tab 5 here: cboi.org/component/comprofiler/registers

The CB conditional settings are identical for both. You can see an image of the radio box settings here:

In this case I have used "field conditional self" but I get an identical problem using "field conditional other"
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #205324 by krileon
For select fields you typically want to use the "Contains" operators. Also ensure the value "Yes" is the exact value configured for the field. CB Conditional doesn't suddenly stop working. Something on your environment has changed to cause this. It's possible you're having a JS error, please review browser error log when attempting to condition. Also check if you've some other field conditioning your field as you could have 2 conditionals fighting for control of that fields display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205332 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Re: CB Conditional not working for some fields
Hi, Thanks for your speedy response.

The select field works; it's radio and checkbox fields which are causing the problem. However, I changed the operator to "Does contain", but it had no effect.

The field options for the radio buttons are definitely exactly "Yes" and "No"

There are no javascript errors according to Firefox error console. I see the problem in FF, IE9 and Safari.

Regarding the possibility of clashing conditions: this is why I created test fields - to rule this out.

11 years 10 months ago #205340 by krileon
Joomla version? CB version? CB Conditional version? I'm not able to duplicate here, radios seam to be working perfectly fine. Where exactly are you testing this? Registration? Backend profile edit? Frontend profile edit? Userlist searching?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #205346 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Re: CB Conditional not working for some fields
Joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.3
CB 1.8.1
CB Conditional 1.8.0

I seeing this on registration, you can see it here at the bottom of the step 5 tab:

www.cboi.org/component/comprofiler/registers

11 years 10 months ago #205358 by krileon
Still appears working in all my local tests. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn