Translate plugins / joomla multiligual

11 years 7 months ago #210667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Translate plugins / joomla multiligual
You'll need to edit the plugin or run our awk script on it to find all the CBTxt API usages and translate the strings in "cbteamplugins_language.php".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210913 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: Translate plugins / joomla multiligual
Why don't you connect with the Joomla language system? Then there is also a simple manner to make translation overrides and make changements to the translations?

Now our customers have the edit the php code..?

11 years 7 months ago #210935 by krileon
We don't implement CMS dependency. If anything CB will become more distant and less dependent on Joomla with each release. We have our own language usages so we have absolute control over its usage. Joomla API changes too frequent for CB to utilize it to the fullest without constant re-writes with each major release of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210994 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: Translate plugins / joomla multiligual
Oke, I can understand your opinion.
But now the language / translation system is not user friendly. Is that a function that will be coming with 2.0?

We like if end-users can edit language easily and it isn't good to do at the moment, because you have to edit the php file.

Or is there a third party solution?

11 years 7 months ago #211000 by krileon
I don't understand what you mean by not user friendly. You're editing 1-2 PHP files verse Joomlas 10+ ini files (which are very hard to read). It's not user friendly to find new strings and add them from incubator projects, but that's why we provided an awk script (Google search for usage).

Yes, it's planned to improve this. Ideally we'd like database storage of strings and an efficient way to retrieve them, easy way to add more, and automatic addition of new strings. That's simply one idea we've had, but yes we're planning to improve this in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn