[SOLVED] CB content module or content bot pb

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209895 by activha
Hello I tried to use either the CB content module to display a link or content bot for the same thing, but there is no way to have the result to be displayed

I tried <a class="item-link" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=userProfile&amp;user=[cb:userdata field="user_id" user_id="#displayed"]"> Profil</a></li>

in CB content module

or <a class="item-link" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=userProfile&amp;user={cb: user_id}"> Profil</a></li>

in a custom module

but neither of those works.

If you want to have a look jcm.site113.com menu profil on the left

Thanks for helping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
Why won't either of them work? They're just HTML. Why is there an li tag being closed at the end, but none opening in the beginning? Please try the below.

<a href="[cb:url location="profile_view" /]">Profile</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209908 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb

krileon wrote: <a href="[cb:url location="profile_view" /]">Profile</a>

li tag was just a copy paste error :-)

This link does not work, only translate in default home page.
I need to access it in this format :
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=userProfile&amp;user=[cb:userdata field="user_id" user_id="#displayed"]

or something similar but it fails to translate the url.
Have a look at jcm.site113.com for instance

11 years 8 months ago #209912 by activha
I have changed for a metamodpro module with standard php output :-(

Absolutely no way to get the mod cbcontent working here

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209919 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
#displayed doesn't do anything unless you're on a users profile. Outside of a profile it has no purpose. It forces the substitutions to be based off the user being displayed instead of the user viewing the displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209920 by activha

krileon wrote: #displayed doesn't do anything unless you're on a users profile. Outside of a profile it has no purpose. It forces the substitutions to be based off the user being displayed instead of the user viewing the displayed.

Anyway, tried all combination even with a single user id and everything failed, so we revert to metamodpro...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn