[SOLVED] CB content module or content bot pb

11 years 8 months ago #209924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
That's because both of your usages were wrong. Below is them corrected.

The following is CB Content Module. It always uses the viewing user unless specified otherwise; #displayed only functions when viewing a profile.

<a class="item-link" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=userProfile&amp;user=[user_id]"> Profil</a>

The following is CB Content Bot. This depends on how the bot is configured as it could be substituting the Author or the user viewing the article.

<a class="item-link" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=userProfile&amp;user={cb:[user_id]}"> Profil</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209926 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
In fact we wanted to display the profile link of the user displayed, which in this case is the k2 user page with the same user id.

So we need to input the viewed user id in the CB profile link which, if I understand correctly, neither of the two above solutions would be able to display ?

By the way, I have already tried the two solutions and no success...

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
Correct, CB Content and CB Content Bot have no idea what user page you're viewing in K2. This shouldn't even be needed though. Configure K2 to integrate with CB and it'll point all its URLs to CB, including profile pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209930 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB content module or content bot pb
Well it's a bit more complicated on our website see jcm.site113.com we cannot integrate all the urls as we want to display both K2 user page and CB profile as two different things ! :-)

It works nicely this way, I have set up different things with metamodpro which is really useful...

Thanks anyway for the quick help as usual !! ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn