[SOLVED] CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #210904 by pepperstreet
[SOLVED] CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues was created by pepperstreet
First of all: Nice work!!!

My first experience in Joomla 2.5.7 and Beez20, using quickstart 1.0.4

1. The calendar popup is hidden/cut on tabbed register screen

2. The pending icon is still "old". The bootstrap icons are limited, maybe icon-time, icon-repeat, icon-refresh, icon-pause are suitable...

3. Regarding BS icons: The online status eye-open/eye-close are hard to differentiate, IMHO. the icon itself is not very clear. Is it possible to color these icons or improve them? (Do you strictly have to use the BS standard set)

4. Field info and help icons
Just made a quick mobile/responsive template test. Not so bad at all! Works pretty well. The only visual issue is on register form... the icons are moving in misc positions... floating around..., if the screen is very small. Should it be fixed for each site template? Or is it possible to improve this in the CB template itself?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210906 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues
An other issue:
Because the name remembered me the mobile possibilities I tried to look into the profile with bootstrap template with my ipod touch.
Then I saw that the profile menu there is english! Even if on a normal PC it's german!
And the german language is enabled.

EDIT: Forget it, I logged in with a person who had frontend language english! Sorry!

You can delete this post

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues

Your content pane is too small. This should happen with default template too. CSS won't push it above the borders of the content pane for whatever reason (despite a z-index of 999).

2. The pending icon is still "old". The bootstrap icons are limited, maybe icon-time, icon-repeat, icon-refresh, icon-pause are suitable...

Fixed for 1.0.2 already.

3. Regarding BS icons: The online status eye-open/eye-close are hard to differentiate, IMHO. the icon itself is not very clear. Is it possible to color these icons or improve them? (Do you strictly have to use the BS standard set)

Icons seam fine to me, but you can replace them as needed at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/bootstrap/images/mini-icons/

I include the entire halfling set as well encase you want to use another bootstrap icon.

4. Field info and help icons
Just made a quick mobile/responsive template test. Not so bad at all! Works pretty well. The only visual issue is on register form... the icons are moving in misc positions... floating around..., if the screen is very small. Should it be fixed for each site template? Or is it possible to improve this in the CB template itself?

It's a simple case of you've too much in too little space. You'll need to adjust the template for your specific needs or increase the content pane. I test default Joomla template and at default parameters only. CB does not yet have the classes for CB to be completely mobile capable, but it will be with CB 2.0 or if needed a later release. Currently I am limited to purely CSS. I can not make HTML changes or anyhing of the source. Injecting jQuery is also not an option. It is common for CB to only load in the templates CSS file where needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210950 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues

Your content pane is too small. This should happen with default template too. CSS won't push it above the borders of the content pane for whatever reason (despite a z-index of 999).

The issue is in BEEZ20. Also tried the CB DEFAULT template, and the Calendar popup works well.

4. ...CB does not yet have the classes for CB to be completely mobile capable, but it will be with CB 2.0 or if needed a later release. Currently I am limited to purely CSS. ...

Yes, I am aware of the current state. No offend! Absolutely understand the technical status. I was surprised it worked so well, now ;-) Really looking forward to the future.
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #210955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues

The issue is in BEEZ20. Also tried the CB DEFAULT template, and the Calendar popup works well.

Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing with Bootstrap so I know what to look for.

Yes, I am aware of the current state. No offend! Absolutely understand the technical status. I was surprised it worked so well, now Really looking forward to the future.

Yup, really needing more API to properly style some things and be able to adjust HTML, etc.. I've made note for a future CB release (hopefully 2.0) to significantly improve our template usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210967 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Bootstrap template 1.0.1 issues

Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing with Bootstrap so I know what to look for.

The screenshot with CB bootstrap template is in first post. (See calendar popup)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn