How can I add 'Forget login' to the loginpage

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #212351 by AnjaOlst
I have been searching the forum, but can't seem to find it.
Perhaps it's difficult because I have an intranetsite. I only have registered users, so only the people who are listed in usermanagement would/can be allowed to register, or to renew a 'forgotten' login password.
Can you help me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #212372 by krileon
Login page uses the parameters of the first CB login module it finds in database (it must be published, but it can be trashed so ensure trashed modules are cleared). By default it should already be present, but if the first CB login module it finds has it disabled then it'll also be disabled on the login age.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #212466 by AnjaOlst
Hi Krileon,
I deleted the other CB logins but it doesn't help. What you tell about de login age I don't understand. It's an intranetsite, so only employees should be able to log in. It would be very handy (very!) that the passwords can be managed by themselves, but that not-employees can not login. Could you help me please?
greetings, Anja O.

11 years 7 months ago #212480 by krileon
I've no idea what you're asking. The forgot login link on the login page is present by default. You would have had to of turned it off or disabled frontend login for it to go away. The login page uses the parameters of the first published CB Login module found; this includes trashed modules so you'll need to empty trash. Once done edit the first CB Login module and set the forgot login link to display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #212495 by AnjaOlst
I'm asking you if you would help me to show the 'forgot login' on the login page. I have not turned it off. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
- I've emptied the trash, and edited the (first) CB login module.
- In the module I put "Display login reminder / register as" as a text link
- saved everything

But still it does not show.

The second thing I am asking is if it is possible only to give (only!) employees who are IN the CB user list the possibility to log in or to use the reminder/forgot password.

11 years 7 months ago #212501 by krileon

I'm asking you if you would help me to show the 'forgot login' on the login page. I have not turned it off. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have no idea what you've done either. Try creating a Joomla menu link to the forgot login page and see if that works.

The second thing I am asking is if it is possible only to give (only!) employees who are IN the CB user list the possibility to log in or to use the reminder/forgot password.

Not really, no. I suppose you could adjust the login permissions within Site > Global Configuration > Permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn