Error

Please login first

How can I add 'Forget login' to the loginpage

11 years 6 months ago #212598 by AnjaOlst
In the global configuration the site is Offline.
Someone (can't remember who) told me to do this like this, because this is an intranet, and not accesible to the public. So it is not accessible for the public. The standard acceslevel is only for intranettoegang(only for people on the userlist).

You say "Try creating a Joomla menu link to the forgot login page and see if that works."
That does not work.

The point is that login is working fine like this. When someone goes to the url he sees the login. When he/she knows his/hers logindata evrything is fine.

What I want is to see the forgot login on this page, so I don't have to spent my time looking up the passwords everytime someone of the 150 employees forget his/hers login password.

Is this possible in my case? I hope you can help me?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212599 by krileon
Forgot login and such does not work in offline mode. Offline mode is used to perform live maintenance of the site. It's not used to close a site down for private use. When using the offline login you're not using CB login, that's entirely Joomla. You need to turn Offline mode off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212600 by AnjaOlst
I see what you mean. But than the first intranetpage is visible for the public, and that should not be the case. Can I work around this? I mean, can that first page not be a kindoff login page? How can I do this?

11 years 6 months ago #212638 by krileon
You'd need to create a Joomla menu link to CBs login page and make it your homepage I suppose. Then ensure all your modules are set to Registered or greater so all they see is that login page inside your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212655 by AnjaOlst
still trying ... :unsure:

11 years 6 months ago #212666 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you aside from reviewing Joomla documentation as it's basic Joomla access permissions. Set all your modules and all your menu links to Registered. Now create a menu link to CB login page and set it as Public and to be your homepage. That should do the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn