CB Subs Auto Renewal Option

11 years 6 months ago #212863 by AlexRag
CB Subs Auto Renewal Option was created by AlexRag
Here is a scenario I'd like to have happen:

A client's membership has expired (Expired September 30, 2012). When they login to renew they have to option to auto-renew via PayPal.

What's happening now, but not ideal: The members login and pay for example today using the auto renew option BUT the next payment date becomes 1 year from today NOT the renewal date of October 1.

1) What happens come next October 1, 2013 when their plan expires, but the payment isn't due to be charged by paypal until October 21, 2013? Will the members be faced with no access from October 1 - 21, 2013

2) Right now the regular validity date is set to 1 year - Will setting it to calendar year: 10-01 affect how paypal interprets the auto-renewal date?

Incidentally, all the expired memberships have the same expiry date (September 30, 2012)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs Auto Renewal Option
Set a 1 month grace period or use by calendar year and that should solve the issue entirely. The dates shouldn't be that far off however, were changes made after the user subscribed? A few hours or even a day is normal due to timezones, but aside from that it shouldn't be 20 days inaccurate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212954 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: CB Subs Auto Renewal Option
I'll change the grace period. Hopefully that'll work.

Can you elaborate on what exactly happens when the grace period passes?

I'd like to switch to calendar year, but I'm having issues with the expiry date (I have another post out there about it). Until I sort that out, I have to stick with 1 year renewal.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/212448-understanding-qthis-calendar-yearq-setting?limit=6&start=6#212620

11 years 6 months ago #212961 by krileon

Can you elaborate on what exactly happens when the grace period passes?

It basically gives them some free time before they actually expire. So if you give them 1 month grace period they'll continue to be able to use their subscription for 1 month after expiring. Then it'll truly expire when the grace period is up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212964 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: CB Subs Auto Renewal Option
So this also has an effect on the paypal subscription feature with respect to the next renewal payment date?

11 years 6 months ago #213041 by krileon
No, PayPal will still renew normally; the grace period will help if the IPN is delayed for whatever reason though (PayPal doesn't see the grace period).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn