CB Subs Auto Renewal Option

11 years 6 months ago #213080 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: CB Subs Auto Renewal Option
So is there any way to make sure the subsequent payment dates set up with paypal will be the expiry date rather than payment date?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs Auto Renewal Option
You mean to renew after the grace period? PayPal would auto-renew when the grace period begins. Grace period is useful if IPN gets delayed or in case of single payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213140 by AlexRag
No, What's been happening is members who pay after the initial expiry date, but still inside the grace period and then choose the auto-subscribe method of payment instead of pay now are seeing the next payment date as 1 year from when they paid instead of the expiry date of the plan.

From what I understand (and correct me if I'm incorrect), the next payment date will always be 1 year from the first payment date not the original expiry date.

What's happening:
Expiry Date: September 30, 2013
Payment date: October 23, 2012
Next payment date paypal will process: October 23, 2013

Ideally I'd like:
Expiry Date: September 30, 2012
Payment date: October 23, 2012
Next payment date paypal will process: September 30 2013

My guess is that its not possible, but s long as the grace period is long enough to take that payment on the 23rd the plan can renew. If this is the case, then I am probably best to NOT offer auto-subscribe beyond the grace period.

11 years 6 months ago #213147 by krileon
Right, if the duration is 1 year it'll be 1 year from payment. The expiry date above includes the grace period I believe. For what you're wanting you may want to use "this calendar year". The grave period is "free time" given to the user as a courtesy, it's not time they actually paid for so renewing before grace period ends isn't an issue. You could simply remove grace period as well if you'd like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213157 by AlexRag
Hmmm, so if I switched the regular validity period to "This calendar year expiring 10-01" instead of 1 year would PayPal process the next payment from the expiry date no matter what date the initial renewal payment was made?

What happens to those members that have already renewed using the auto-renew option. What effect will changing the term do for them as all of the scheduled paypal payments will all be after the expiry date.

Also, not everyone is choosing the auto-renew option, so I have to be wary of how this would affect them as well.

Incidentally, I wished to go the route of this calendar year, but I've run into renewal date issues as outline in this post:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/212448-understanding-qthis-calendar-yearq-setting?limit=6&start=6#212620

Until I resolve it, I can't go with that option. Hopefully you can shed some light on this :)

11 years 6 months ago #213194 by krileon

Hmmm, so if I switched the regular validity period to "This calendar year expiring 10-01" instead of 1 year would PayPal process the next payment from the expiry date no matter what date the initial renewal payment was made?

Correct, next payment and expiration date would always be at the end of the calendar year no matter when they paid. So if your start month is 10-01 then they'll always expire/renew 09-30.

What happens to those members that have already renewed using the auto-renew option. What effect will changing the term do for them as all of the scheduled paypal payments will all be after the expiry date.

It won't do anything until they renew as they still have the existing duration.

Also, not everyone is choosing the auto-renew option, so I have to be wary of how this would affect them as well.

Same situation as PayPal, it won't do anything until they renew and have the new duration calculations.

Incidentally, I wished to go the route of this calendar year, but I've run into renewal date issues as outline in this post:

There's a bug with the renewal day date calculation. Your sites timezone must be set to UTC for it to calculate properly. This is a high priority bug to be fixed in next release though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn