[SOLVED] Privacy for registered users

8 years 8 months ago #269619 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Privacy for registered users
Thank you.

Moderator is fine - only Admins/Moderators can edit users profiles.

I know I can set the tabs view access to show for only the user, connections only etc.

If lets say a professional IT department of the hotel is developing their profile and one team member has a go off pasting a url of another profile (hotel) into browser while logged in. They get to view the other hotel with registered view access - it doesn't look good from my or any perspective.

If this person guessed the Superusers username and pasted and searched the url to his profile - access would be denied as the Privacy is set to connections - and they are not a connection.

What I don't want other hotels to see while logged in (and if they copied a url to view another profile) is the others activity stream which is set to public view.

This opens up a can of worms though. For Admins that are not connected to the hotels they can privately message hotels on their activity stream, doesn't show up on public view access - but does for registered view access - therefore other hotels while logged in and by doing what I explained could 'spy' on these messages.

Like I said it mainly doesn't look good, not critical, takes a tiny function I wanted out, would give an unsecure vibe, not the end of the world by a long shot. Hope you understand it fully now. Any suggestions?.

Otherwise lets just leave it off, before I confuse myself!

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269621 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy for registered users
You could use CB Privacy and set the Activity tab privacy to Forced privacy controls with default set to Private. Now only the profile owner and CB moderators can see that tab. CB Privacy can do forced privacy controls for both tabs and fields so you can hide other information doing this as well.

Aside from that I don't really know how to cover your usecase. You basically need an access test on both the viewing and the displayed user, which you can try to rig together using the below.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileDisplay
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: All Non-Moderators
Conditions
1. [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] Greater Than 0
2. [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] Not Equal To [user_id]
3. [cb:if user="#me" viewaccesslevel includes "ADMIN_VIEW_ACCESS_LEVEL_ID"]ADMIN[/cb:if] Not Equal To ADMIN
Action
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

Replace ADMIN_VIEW_ACCESS_LEVEL_ID with the view access level ID of your CB Moderator view access level. This should allow admins to access those users profiles again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269623 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Privacy for registered users
Thanks I'll give it a whirl later on.

Need the Activity Stream viewable to public though, so public viewers can view it. Just don't want certain usergroups viewing it while logged in.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9