[SOLVED] Privacy for registered users

8 years 8 months ago #269538 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Privacy for registered users
Sweet it worked.

Trigger: BeforeUserProfileRequest
User: User
Access: Set to specific register member user groups
Conditional: [var1_id] Not Equal To [user_id]

But they can't view their Admin connections profiles now. Will try a few things and report back.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269539 by jpdenny1
It's similar to this guys case a couple of years ago - Link: user profile edit, but not show to other users

Except that I wish for the registered user - while logged in - could still interact with Admins that they are connected to. (but not view other registered users/their peers). i.e. block viewing others but allow access to Admins still.

Close but no cigar. Know how to work the redirect now anyway. Yeah my use case is a bit out of the ordinary. (My main concern is the viewing of other people's activity streams as a registered user). The proposed catch all solution would be great, otherwise will skirt around it.

If you get it and have a solution let me know.

Thanks for help.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 8 months ago #269563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy for registered users
So you want profiles to be accessible only if the user is logged out? However, you want them to still be able to access admin profiles? I don't understand why you'd do this as a usecase, but the below should work.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileDisplay
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: All Non-Moderators
Conditions
1. [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] Greater Than 0
2. [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] Not Equal To [user_id]
Action
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

Basically what it's doing is when you view a non-moderators profile it checks if the viewing user has a user id greater than 0. If they do then they're logged in. It then checks to see if they are not the user being displayed. If they aren't it'll redirect back to their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269579 by jpdenny1
Thanks Kyle, almost there I'd say.

I thought it worked but tested more, then realised I wasn't intending for it to have anything to do with being logged in or not - regarding viewing rights or conditions. i.e. When a regular User is logged in they have registered viewing rights - want them not to be able to view other regular Users while being logged in - but to be able to view Admins profiles while logged in - these are their connections.

[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] Not Equal To [user_id] Is fine I guess.

Is their a way to make an exception for e.g. Administrator, Moderator for example, regular User can view these while logged in, can't view other regular Users while logged in.

The issue with your solution is Admins/Moderators can't view regular Users while logged in, even though they are connections. Admins can view other Admins while logged in. Yes regular User can't view another regular User. So like I said almost there bar a tweak somewhere.

Really appreciate the help.

Edit: should have included that I took out the first condition >0 and changed access to the regular User groups but didn't work.

The last way you gave it with the two conditions works, only for Admin/Mods not being able to view regular Users, while the Admin/Mod is logged in.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 8 months ago #269585 by jpdenny1
Here's the basics of my use case taking hotels as an example.

Hotels register and build their profiles, pretty extensive profiles that they would need Admin help with. They could create and join groups for the purposes of projects e.g. marketing etc. They could utilise Uddemi with 'connected to' members of the Admin team, in fact they are connected to specific members of Admin team e.g. Network Manager and not other Admins e.g. Super User. All Admins can in fact view and edit a hotels profiles when the Admins are logged in. Hotels can only visit the Admins they are connected to.

All hotel profiles are set to public. All Admins are connected to all Admins. All hotels are connected to specific Admins. Admin profiles are able to set their profile privacy to connections (this option is hidden from hotels where there is no option but to remain publicly viewable).

That's that, privacy is fine it would seem. Only that if one hotel manager say, while viewing as a public viewer, copied the url of another hotel and then - while logged in, pasted it into their browser and was able to view the other hotel with his now registered viewing rights.

Just it doesn't seem right and I would prefer to stop it happening by redirecting back to own profile with a little attention or warning message for good measure.

Hope that helps explain the whole thing better.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 8 months ago #269612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy for registered users
If you're having issues with every user being able to edit every user then you've set CBs moderator view access level incorrectly within CB > Configuration > Moderation. Correcting that will stop 1 hotel from editing the profile of another.

What specific information are you trying to stop them from seeing while logged in? It sounds like you're trying to fix the symptom of a deeper problem, which is probably tab view access levels or incorrect CB Privacy settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.034 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn