Skip to Content Skip to Menu

user profile edit, but not show to other users

• comyoo
  • comyoo
11 years 5 months ago #216284 by comyoo
Hi.

We use community builder for a customer. They have 1000+ users with CB and profile view / ajax edit.

But when we allow the users to edit their own profile, it is visible to other users as well as they have the link www.domain.nl/my-profile/userprofile/ [username] link.

How can we still have people to ajax edit their own profile, but the profile only viewable to the logged in user and that they can't view other profiles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #216303 by krileon
No one else can edit another users profile except moderators or do you mean you don't want profile view visible to anyone else (everyones profiles are private)? If is the case then CB has no feature for private profiles like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• comyoo
  • comyoo
11 years 5 months ago #216305 by comyoo
Hi,

Yes, the last thing you said we want.

When we raise the level of profile access you can't view anyones profile; it says; you don't have any rights

But if we set that option to super admin, the persion can't edit his own profile, because they don't have any rights to that. So if the click (ajax way) their adress; they can't edit.

Can we have a solution anyway?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #216310 by krileon
CB has no such feature. You can try using CB Auto Actions to do it though. Please see below auto action configuration.

Type: Redirect
Triggers: onBeforeUserProfileRequest
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [get_user] Is Not Empty
Conditional 2: [get_user] Not Equal To [user_id]
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

The above should send a user back to their own profile if the user they're viewing isn't themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• comyoo
  • comyoo
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #216960 by comyoo
Hi. I tried it.

It shows the message, but it is also redirecting me if I want to show / view my own profile.
The url creates a loop, so chrome is aborting the function.
So I inserted # as url, so the message is showed on frontpage.

Do you have some other ideas to make this work?
Would be nice.

Look at the screenshot for my settings
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by comyoo.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #216979 by krileon
It creates a loop because you're not redirecting anywhere. Please see my above example. It should only redirect when &user=ID is in the URL and only if that ID is different from my own.

Also I forgot to include in the above the below parameter change, sorry.

User: User

This should ensure the substitutions are that of the user viewing instead of the user being viewed. There's a couple of other ways the conditions can be done as well for example by checking the #displayed user id against the #me user id like as follows.

[cb:userfield field="user_id" user="#displayed" /] Not Equal To [cb:userfield field="user_id" user="#me" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon